HOUSTON – Bill Smith’s eyes lit up as members of the Houston Exchange Club sang Happy Birthday and the Egg Bowl Trophy was plopped in his lap as part of 90th birthday ceremonies at Floy Dyer Nursing Home Friday. “Oh, the only thing prettier than this is Mary,” said Smith of the Ole Miss/MSU game […]
Tag Archives | Birthday
(Courtesy Photo) Mrs. Mary Ruth Johnson celebrated her 90th birthday with her son, daughter and some members of their families on Sunday, Nov. 16, 2014. Mrs. Johnson is a Member of Houston Church of the Nazarene and loves good Country and Christian Music. She enjoys spending time with her family and doing what she can […]
HOUSTON – She has lived a long time in Houston and Gwenette VanCleave was all smiles as she celebrated her 105th Birthday last week. VanCleave is one of the oldest residents in Houston and is close to being the oldest resident in the state. A milestone held by Annie Cooper, 108, of Holmes County. VanCleave […]
And you know how the rest of the song goes. If you don’t, you’re too young to be reading this column anyway. Yep, I passed another milestone, one more birthday. Birthdays don’t bother me anymore. I’m actually pretty proud I made it this far and am looking forward to more. I did have one very […]
The Pilot Club of Houston will celebrate their 50th anniversary Feb. 1 with a reception from 2-4 p.m. at Parkway Baptist Church in Houston. All are invited to attend.
HOUSTON – Peddling 80 miles on his 80th birthday is no big deal to Bob Chamblee. Chamblee and his cycling buddies hopped on the Tanglefoot Trail this weekend and rode from Houston to New Albany – and back – to mark Chamblee’s special day. “This is the first time I have done this much,” […]
HOULKA – Elaine Brown was born May 2, 1913, in Chickasaw County to Doyle and Mattie Kirkpatrick and was one of nine children. She has lived in Houlka for her entire life. She married Elon Brown in 1935. They had two daughters, Barbara Ann Boutwell and Martha Collums. Her husband passed away in 1969. She […]
Mazie Claire Garner was welcomed into this world on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Mazie Claire is the daughter of Andy Garner and Johnna Norman Garner of Tupelo. She was welcomed to the home by her sister Ansley and brother Knox. Maxie Claire weighed 8-pounds and was 20-inches long. […]
- Trustees consider search consultant January 22, 2015
- Houston ponders tourism tax January 26, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Battle of Okolona re-enactment set January 27, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...