In a day and age when our lives are ruled by the clock and in a business filled with deadlines, I have to sometimes step back and look at the bigger picture. April 15 Hope you paid your taxes today. It’s the law and if you didn’t Uncle Sam tends to get upset and he […]
Tag Archives | Birthday
HOUSTON – She may not be Mississippi’s oldest resident, but she holds the record in Chickasaw County. Zula Warnick celebrated her 109th birthday Monday and was treated to a party by the residents of Floyd Dyer Manor where she lives. Family had gathered on Sunday for a private party, but left plenty of cake and […]
HOUSTON – Bill Smith’s eyes lit up as members of the Houston Exchange Club sang Happy Birthday and the Egg Bowl Trophy was plopped in his lap as part of 90th birthday ceremonies at Floy Dyer Nursing Home Friday. “Oh, the only thing prettier than this is Mary,” said Smith of the Ole Miss/MSU game […]
(Courtesy Photo) Mrs. Mary Ruth Johnson celebrated her 90th birthday with her son, daughter and some members of their families on Sunday, Nov. 16, 2014. Mrs. Johnson is a Member of Houston Church of the Nazarene and loves good Country and Christian Music. She enjoys spending time with her family and doing what she can […]
HOUSTON – She has lived a long time in Houston and Gwenette VanCleave was all smiles as she celebrated her 105th Birthday last week. VanCleave is one of the oldest residents in Houston and is close to being the oldest resident in the state. A milestone held by Annie Cooper, 108, of Holmes County. VanCleave […]
And you know how the rest of the song goes. If you don’t, you’re too young to be reading this column anyway. Yep, I passed another milestone, one more birthday. Birthdays don’t bother me anymore. I’m actually pretty proud I made it this far and am looking forward to more. I did have one very […]
The Pilot Club of Houston will celebrate their 50th anniversary Feb. 1 with a reception from 2-4 p.m. at Parkway Baptist Church in Houston. All are invited to attend.
HOUSTON – Peddling 80 miles on his 80th birthday is no big deal to Bob Chamblee. Chamblee and his cycling buddies hopped on the Tanglefoot Trail this weekend and rode from Houston to New Albany – and back – to mark Chamblee’s special day. “This is the first time I have done this much,” […]
HOULKA – Elaine Brown was born May 2, 1913, in Chickasaw County to Doyle and Mattie Kirkpatrick and was one of nine children. She has lived in Houlka for her entire life. She married Elon Brown in 1935. They had two daughters, Barbara Ann Boutwell and Martha Collums. Her husband passed away in 1969. She […]
Mazie Claire Garner was welcomed into this world on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Mazie Claire is the daughter of Andy Garner and Johnna Norman Garner of Tupelo. She was welcomed to the home by her sister Ansley and brother Knox. Maxie Claire weighed 8-pounds and was 20-inches long. […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...