CALHOUN CITY – Billy Earl Cannon, 72, died Saturday, June 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. He was born Sept. 19, 1940, in Shaw. He was a retired painter and a member of Central Baptist Church in Grenada. Services will be 10 a.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel […]
Tag Archives | Billy
CEDAR BLUFF – Billy S. Davis, 79, passed away on Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home in Cedar Bluff. He was born July 2, 1933, in Lamar County, Ala., the son of the late Verdo Clarence and Wilma Cloe Cook Davis. He attended Cedar Bluff United Methodist Church. He was a farmer and automotive […]
MEMPHIS – Hillary A. “Bill” McQuary, 87, died Tuesday, May 21, 2013. He was born March 3, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Marion Monroe McQuary and Rosa Lee Jennings McQuary. He served in the Navy in the South Pacific during World War II. He attended Mississippi State University and retired from Kimberly Clark Corporation after […]
HOUSTON – Authorities continue to investigate leads and gather evidence in the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, but have yet to make an arrest. Bevill was found dead in his 206 Aberdeen Road home of stab wounds on April 15 after relatives had not seen him in two days. “We are getting closer to making […]
by The Associated Press HOUSTON — A bridge on Mississippi Highway 15 in Chickasaw County will be named for the late state Rep. Billy Bowles under a bill signed by Gov. Phil Bryant this past week. House Bill 517 would designate the bridge within the city of Houston, Miss., at its intersection with Mississippi Highway […]
HOUSTON – Police and Sheriff’s department investigators continue to interview suspects and gather evidence in the death of Ray Bevill. Preliminary autopsy reports and other evidence has been returned to local law enforcement concerning the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at his home east of town and while authorities have spent more than 10 […]
HOUSTON – Authorities are investigating an apparent murder at a home east of town and are asking the community for help in gathering information. The Houston Police Department was called to the home of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at 206 Aberdeen Road Monday after friends and family could not get him to come to the […]
BRUCE – Billy Ray “Frog” Hill, 54, died Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. Services will be at 11 a.m. today at Belle Memorial Funeral Chapel in Bruce. Burial will be in Shady Grove Cemetery at Vardaman. Belle Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from […]
VARDAMAN – Billy R. “Frog” Hill, 54, died Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home in Bruce.
BRUCE – Billy Wayne Murk , 81, died Monday, Feb. 18, 2013, at his home. He was born June 15, 1931, in Bruce. He served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean conflict. He was the owner of Bill’s Texaco and Bill’s Shoe Repair. He was a member of Mt. Comfort Baptist Church and the […]
VARDAMAN – Billy Edmondson died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at his residence. He was born Feb. 8, 1952. He was a member of Varadaman First Baptist Church and a self-employed concrete contractor. He enjoyed hunting and fishing. Service is at 2 p.m. Monday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Vardaman, with Bro. Don Wilson […]
Paul A man once said, “I wish there were instructions that came with having children.” My friend, there are instructions and they are in the Bible. There are answers for every thing that we need to know about raising a family, if only we would go back to the Bible. In raising children, the first […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...