HOUSTON – Authorities continue to investigate leads and gather evidence in the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, but have yet to make an arrest. Bevill was found dead in his 206 Aberdeen Road home of stab wounds on April 15 after relatives had not seen him in two days. “We are getting closer to making […]
Tag Archives | Billy
by The Associated Press HOUSTON — A bridge on Mississippi Highway 15 in Chickasaw County will be named for the late state Rep. Billy Bowles under a bill signed by Gov. Phil Bryant this past week. House Bill 517 would designate the bridge within the city of Houston, Miss., at its intersection with Mississippi Highway […]
HOUSTON – Police and Sheriff’s department investigators continue to interview suspects and gather evidence in the death of Ray Bevill. Preliminary autopsy reports and other evidence has been returned to local law enforcement concerning the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at his home east of town and while authorities have spent more than 10 […]
HOUSTON – Authorities are investigating an apparent murder at a home east of town and are asking the community for help in gathering information. The Houston Police Department was called to the home of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at 206 Aberdeen Road Monday after friends and family could not get him to come to the […]
BRUCE – Billy Ray “Frog” Hill, 54, died Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. Services will be at 11 a.m. today at Belle Memorial Funeral Chapel in Bruce. Burial will be in Shady Grove Cemetery at Vardaman. Belle Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from […]
VARDAMAN – Billy R. “Frog” Hill, 54, died Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home in Bruce.
BRUCE – Billy Wayne Murk , 81, died Monday, Feb. 18, 2013, at his home. He was born June 15, 1931, in Bruce. He served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean conflict. He was the owner of Bill’s Texaco and Bill’s Shoe Repair. He was a member of Mt. Comfort Baptist Church and the […]
VARDAMAN – Billy Edmondson died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at his residence. He was born Feb. 8, 1952. He was a member of Varadaman First Baptist Church and a self-employed concrete contractor. He enjoyed hunting and fishing. Service is at 2 p.m. Monday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Vardaman, with Bro. Don Wilson […]
Paul A man once said, “I wish there were instructions that came with having children.” My friend, there are instructions and they are in the Bible. There are answers for every thing that we need to know about raising a family, if only we would go back to the Bible. In raising children, the first […]
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Shop local November 27, 2014
- A reason to be thankful November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...