HOUSTON – The city has taken a second step toward a major infrastructure upgrade that could see approximately 1,800 water meters installed and an overhaul of a city water well. The city met with the U.S. Department of Agriculture last week as part of a public hearing to explain the purchase of electronic water meters […]
Tag Archives | Bill
HOUSTON – A major expenditure to upgrade the city’s water meters will be discussed at a meeting set for City Hall next week. The Houston Board of Aldermen is seeking funds through the U.S. Department of Agriculture to purchase electronic water meters that would replace the city’s aging mechanical meters, make reading residential water bills […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Military men and women were honored for their service to country and community at local schools across the county on Veteran’s Day. Students at Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County schools assisted with planning and preparation for a variety of events Monday to honor local veterans and remember their sacrifice and service. “This […]
HOULKA – Residents of Houlka have had their cats killed, their garbage spilled and they are concerned about the safety of their children. The Houlka Board of Aldemen were approached by several city residents wanting city leaders to address the issue. “We’ve got dogs that run up and down our street and a pack of […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen went to the well and approved a bid of over $400,000 for new electronic water meters and installation that will go online next year. Aldermen have studied replacing the city’s 1,800 aging meters with new auto-read meters for more than a year and accepted a bid from Empire Pipe earlier this month. […]
June 1, 2013, 12:45 a.m. Bill was born February 24, 1917 in Houston, Mississippi. He attended 13 schools throughout Texas and Mississippi before graduating from Houston (Miss.) High School in 1934. In May of 1937, Bill returned to Texas where the Corsicana-based contracting firm of E.W. Hable and Sons provided him with an invaluable apprenticeship […]
by The Associated Press HOUSTON — A bridge on Mississippi Highway 15 in Chickasaw County will be named for the late state Rep. Billy Bowles under a bill signed by Gov. Phil Bryant this past week. House Bill 517 would designate the bridge within the city of Houston, Miss., at its intersection with Mississippi Highway […]
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
WEST POINT — Waymond Will “Bill” Reid age 87, passed away Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at Starkville Manor Nursing Home, in Starkville. Bill Reid was born August 21, 1925, in Pheba, to the late Quay Reid and Ventrice Montgomery Reid. Bill Reid often said “God made man to work, so I am happy to work.” […]
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Chieftains roll over the Panthers November 27, 2015
- MSU’s Jones was destined for the spotlight November 28, 2015
- WEEK 15: High School Football Scores November 28, 2015
- Three Rivers, CDF, LINK honored November 28, 2015
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: East Webster standing in the way of Bassfield December 1, 2015
- Ducktails, poodle skirts and smiling girls December 1, 2015
- Christmas parades set for area November 30, 2015
- WARZELLE GILLESPIE: Thankful for so many, so much November 29, 2015
- MARTY WISEMAN: Where are we in politics? November 29, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....