COLUMBUS – Beulah Christine Ward Boozer, 99, died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, at Trinity Healthcare Center in Columbus. She was born in Mississippi on Oct. 31, 1913, to Robert Emmett and Eliza Antonette Kilgo Ward. She graduated from Vardaman High School in 1933. She lived for many years in the Big Creek and Saltillo area. […]
Tag Archives | Big Creek
The Mississippi Legislature convened last week with 121 House members and 51 Senators raising their right hand and swearing to uphold the public trust and the laws of the State of Mississippi. We’ll see how long that oath lasts because they’ve got a lot of hard work ahead of them. Education is always a headliner […]
An Inner Healing Conference at New Wine Fellowship in Houston will be held Jan. 18-20 for teaching and ministering to those who need emotional healing. Pastor Tommy Kelly and Pastor Scott Free invite those who have been abused sexually, physically, emotionally are invited to attend services at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday with personal ministry […]
Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Increasing clouds, with a low around 32. Calm wind […]
by JB Clark NEMS Daily Journal/Associated Press SLATE SPRINGS — A man pardoned by then-Gov. Haley Barbour is accused of shooting another man Thursday night in Calhoun County. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan reports that an argument at a cookout about 8:30 p.m. Thursday is believed to have led to Wayne Therman Harris of Slate […]
Faith Outreach Free alcohol and drug rehabilitation assistance is offered at Faith Outreach Church, with meetings held at 7 p.m. each Monday and Thursday. For more details contact counselor Danny Owen at 610-5578. Faith Outreach is located at 272 McDonald Street (Highway 41 North) in Okolona and is led by Pastor Jimmy Bryan who can […]
BIG CREEK – Holland “Buddy” Rogers Jr., 66, died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at his home. He was born Oct. 2, 1946, in Calhoun County. He was the owner of B&B One Stop in Grenada and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard. Services were at 2 p.m. […]
- MSU class crafts image for Chickasaw farm January 21, 2015
- Do legislators really know better than voters? January 24, 2015
- Deputies raid underage party in Mooreville, adult charged January 24, 2015
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- ICC names fall graduates January 25, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Battle of Okolona re-enactment set January 27, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...