COLUMBUS – Beulah Christine Ward Boozer, 99, died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, at Trinity Healthcare Center in Columbus. She was born in Mississippi on Oct. 31, 1913, to Robert Emmett and Eliza Antonette Kilgo Ward. She graduated from Vardaman High School in 1933. She lived for many years in the Big Creek and Saltillo area. […]
Tag Archives | Big Creek
The Mississippi Legislature convened last week with 121 House members and 51 Senators raising their right hand and swearing to uphold the public trust and the laws of the State of Mississippi. We’ll see how long that oath lasts because they’ve got a lot of hard work ahead of them. Education is always a headliner […]
An Inner Healing Conference at New Wine Fellowship in Houston will be held Jan. 18-20 for teaching and ministering to those who need emotional healing. Pastor Tommy Kelly and Pastor Scott Free invite those who have been abused sexually, physically, emotionally are invited to attend services at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday with personal ministry […]
Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Increasing clouds, with a low around 32. Calm wind […]
by JB Clark NEMS Daily Journal/Associated Press SLATE SPRINGS — A man pardoned by then-Gov. Haley Barbour is accused of shooting another man Thursday night in Calhoun County. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan reports that an argument at a cookout about 8:30 p.m. Thursday is believed to have led to Wayne Therman Harris of Slate […]
Faith Outreach Free alcohol and drug rehabilitation assistance is offered at Faith Outreach Church, with meetings held at 7 p.m. each Monday and Thursday. For more details contact counselor Danny Owen at 610-5578. Faith Outreach is located at 272 McDonald Street (Highway 41 North) in Okolona and is led by Pastor Jimmy Bryan who can […]
BIG CREEK – Holland “Buddy” Rogers Jr., 66, died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at his home. He was born Oct. 2, 1946, in Calhoun County. He was the owner of B&B One Stop in Grenada and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard. Services were at 2 p.m. […]
- Sundancer seeks 14th national title: Houston racers head to Texas for Solar Car Challenge July 18, 2014
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Taking their game on the road July 22, 2014
- MDOT changes weight limits on county bridges July 22, 2014
- Houston man arrested for rustling July 22, 2014
- Sales tax holiday starts after midnight July 24, 2014
- Better Schools petitions available July 24, 2014
- Houston Solar Car has 160 mile lead July 24, 2014
- Houston schools prep for registration July 24, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...