COLUMBUS – Beulah Christine Ward Boozer, 99, died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, at Trinity Healthcare Center in Columbus. She was born in Mississippi on Oct. 31, 1913, to Robert Emmett and Eliza Antonette Kilgo Ward. She graduated from Vardaman High School in 1933. She lived for many years in the Big Creek and Saltillo area. […]
Tag Archives | Big Creek
The Mississippi Legislature convened last week with 121 House members and 51 Senators raising their right hand and swearing to uphold the public trust and the laws of the State of Mississippi. We’ll see how long that oath lasts because they’ve got a lot of hard work ahead of them. Education is always a headliner […]
An Inner Healing Conference at New Wine Fellowship in Houston will be held Jan. 18-20 for teaching and ministering to those who need emotional healing. Pastor Tommy Kelly and Pastor Scott Free invite those who have been abused sexually, physically, emotionally are invited to attend services at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday with personal ministry […]
Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Increasing clouds, with a low around 32. Calm wind […]
by JB Clark NEMS Daily Journal/Associated Press SLATE SPRINGS — A man pardoned by then-Gov. Haley Barbour is accused of shooting another man Thursday night in Calhoun County. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan reports that an argument at a cookout about 8:30 p.m. Thursday is believed to have led to Wayne Therman Harris of Slate […]
Faith Outreach Free alcohol and drug rehabilitation assistance is offered at Faith Outreach Church, with meetings held at 7 p.m. each Monday and Thursday. For more details contact counselor Danny Owen at 610-5578. Faith Outreach is located at 272 McDonald Street (Highway 41 North) in Okolona and is led by Pastor Jimmy Bryan who can […]
BIG CREEK – Holland “Buddy” Rogers Jr., 66, died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at his home. He was born Oct. 2, 1946, in Calhoun County. He was the owner of B&B One Stop in Grenada and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard. Services were at 2 p.m. […]
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- September Circuit Court holds 60 cases September 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested on marijuana charges September 26, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football capsules September 26, 2014
- Flywheel set to spin Sept. 26-27 September 27, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...