COLUMBUS – Beulah Christine Ward Boozer, 99, died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, at Trinity Healthcare Center in Columbus. She was born in Mississippi on Oct. 31, 1913, to Robert Emmett and Eliza Antonette Kilgo Ward. She graduated from Vardaman High School in 1933. She lived for many years in the Big Creek and Saltillo area. […]
Tag Archives | Big Creek
The Mississippi Legislature convened last week with 121 House members and 51 Senators raising their right hand and swearing to uphold the public trust and the laws of the State of Mississippi. We’ll see how long that oath lasts because they’ve got a lot of hard work ahead of them. Education is always a headliner […]
An Inner Healing Conference at New Wine Fellowship in Houston will be held Jan. 18-20 for teaching and ministering to those who need emotional healing. Pastor Tommy Kelly and Pastor Scott Free invite those who have been abused sexually, physically, emotionally are invited to attend services at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday with personal ministry […]
Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Increasing clouds, with a low around 32. Calm wind […]
by JB Clark NEMS Daily Journal/Associated Press SLATE SPRINGS — A man pardoned by then-Gov. Haley Barbour is accused of shooting another man Thursday night in Calhoun County. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan reports that an argument at a cookout about 8:30 p.m. Thursday is believed to have led to Wayne Therman Harris of Slate […]
Faith Outreach Free alcohol and drug rehabilitation assistance is offered at Faith Outreach Church, with meetings held at 7 p.m. each Monday and Thursday. For more details contact counselor Danny Owen at 610-5578. Faith Outreach is located at 272 McDonald Street (Highway 41 North) in Okolona and is led by Pastor Jimmy Bryan who can […]
BIG CREEK – Holland “Buddy” Rogers Jr., 66, died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at his home. He was born Oct. 2, 1946, in Calhoun County. He was the owner of B&B One Stop in Grenada and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard. Services were at 2 p.m. […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...