HOUSTON – Brecker Johnson, 39, pled guilty to the reduced charge of manslaughter and was sentenced as a habitual offender to 20-years with no opportunity for parole by Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Robert Elliott Monday. Johnson had initially been charged with the murder of John L. Wofford, who was stabbed at their Woodland residence […]
Tag Archives | Bevill
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man was arrested Monday in connection with the murder of William Ray “Shorty” Bevill almost two months ago. Mitchell Gregory, 32, of CR 83 near Woodland, was arrested about 4 p.m. Monday in Houston. He was being held in the Chickasaw County Jail Tuesday pending arraignment on charges of murder. […]
HOUSTON – Authorities continue to investigate leads and gather evidence in the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, but have yet to make an arrest. Bevill was found dead in his 206 Aberdeen Road home of stab wounds on April 15 after relatives had not seen him in two days. “We are getting closer to making […]
HOUSTON – Police and Sheriff’s department investigators continue to interview suspects and gather evidence in the death of Ray Bevill. Preliminary autopsy reports and other evidence has been returned to local law enforcement concerning the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at his home east of town and while authorities have spent more than 10 […]
HOUSTON – William Ray Bevill, 76, died Saturday, April 13, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 18, 1936, in Calhoun County to Lonnie and Jeannie Mae Bevill. He was retired from MPI. He was a member of Faith Bible Church in Houston. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Southern Funeral Chapel […]
HOUSTON – Preliminary autopsy reports and other evidence has been returned to local law enforcement concerning the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill at his home east of town over the weekend. The state crime lab has finished their initial investigation and has said Bevill died from multiple stab wounds and that he suffered defensive type […]
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Public wants access to school facilities October 23, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...