WEST POINT – Betty Mae Hession, 71, passed away Monday, Aug. 5, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 9, 1941, in West Point to Willie Mae Richards and A.E. Duke Sr. She was a member of the Egypt Baptist Church and she was retired from Artex where she was […]
Tag Archives | Betty
ABERDEEN – Betty Jean Jones-Henderson, 60, died Saturday, June 8, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a member of Charity F.G. Church in Aberdeen. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at Charity F.G. Church in Aberdeen. Pastor Bennie Coleman will officiate. Burial will be in Oddfellows Rest Cemetery […]
OXFORD – Betty Mack Priest Brown, 72, died Thursday, June 6, 2013, at her home in Oxford. Services were held at 11 a.m. Monday, June 10, at Waller Funeral Home with Rev. Bill Barksdale officiating. A graveside service followed in Priest Cemetery in Houston, at 2:30 on Monday. Visitation was held from 9:00 a.m. until service […]
Community choir members,we have again been invited to participate in the Houston Homecoming Celebration by singing a medley of patriotic music at the beginning of the program at 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 29, on the Courthouse Square. I am asking you to share the word with your friends, neighbors, fellow choir and congregation members […]
DUCK HILL – Betsy Louise Beckham Reedy, 51, died Friday, May 24, 2013, in an automobile accident on Hwy. 404 near Duck Hill. She was born April 20, 1962, in Houston to Charles Beckham and Mildred Louise Box Beckham. She was a homemaker and a member of Elliott Baptist Church. She is survived by her […]
CALHOUN CITY – Betty Anne Sims Vance, 65, died Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born July 21, 1947, in Calhoun City to James Sims and Betty Murphy Sims. She was a homemaker and a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday […]
HOUSTON — The Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR has awarded Cameron Byrne, its top honor for her grades in history at Houston High School. Byrne earned the chapter’s Outstanding Work in American History Award with a 98.7 grade in the class. “We are always so proud to recognize those students who excel in history,” said […]
HOUSTON – Betty Joann Brown, 52, died Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Midway Baptist Church in Vardaman. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Serenity-Autry Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 5 to […]
- When seconds count October 13, 2014
- HOUSTON HOMECOMING QUEEN 2014 October 16, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Art in the Park October 17, 2014
- Crowds pack Cornbread Festival October 17, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Power of Pink October 20, 2014
- Molly May faces breast cancer head on October 20, 2014
- Pharr/Hollingsworth October 19, 2014
- Hankins/Akins October 19, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...