HOUSTON – She asked what the bell was all about and when she was told by her family about the Salvation Army Kettle Campaign, she said she wanted to do it. Avilynn Gaston was 3-year-old when she first started ringing the Salvation Army bell at Grocer’s Price and she hasn’t missed a Christmas since. “It’s […]
Tag Archives | Bell
PONTOTOC – Charles William Chapman, 85, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 16, 1928, in Pontotoc to Howard Clinton Chapman and Jessie Bell Chapman. He worked at Futorian in Okolona for 36 years. He was a member of Troy First Baptist Church. He was […]
FULTON – Mitch Turner of Pontotoc has been elected chairman of the Itawamba Community College Board of Trustees for 2014. Other officers include Carl Comer of Fulton, first vice chairman; Alford Bell of Houston, second vice chairman; William Shack of Tupelo, secretary; and Eden Martin of Prairie, immediate past chairman. Also serving on ICC’s Board […]
PONTOTOC – Lula Bell Ware, 101, died Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014, at New Albany Health and Rehabilitation in New Albany. A native of Pontotoc, she was the daughter of Columbus Hester and Elnora Eubanks Hester. She was a member of Usher Valley UM Church, where she was the oldest member. She was the widower of […]
TUPELO – Darrell Pickens, 40, Tupelo died Dec 9, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center. Darrell was born, along with his twin brother, on May 5, 1973, in Okolona to Mary Jane Pickens and the late Climel Pickens He was a member of New Hope United Methodist Church. He attended Houlka Attendance Center, class of […]
The Salvation Army Kettle campaign kicks off in Houston Nov. 25 at Grocer’s Pride and Nov. 29 at Walmart 411. Volunteers are needed to ring the bells for two-hour shifts at both local stores to help the less fortunate. Funds raised during the Kettle Campaign help the Salvation Army provide assistance to local residents throughout […]
OKOLONA – Over his 15 years as a teacher, Larry Bell had one student who made it to the NBA and made a million dollars and 17 who used their education to become millionaires. “Do the math,” said Bell. “You are much more likely to become a millionaire by studying hard and working […]
PITTSBORO – Rev. James Earl Bell, 52, of Pittsboro, died Tuesday, Oct 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was a member of Jackson Chapel M.B. Church, where he served as an associate minister, bible class teacher, youth department director, praise and worship leader and a keyboard and bass guitar player. He […]
PITTSBORO – James Bell, 52, died Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce.
TUPELO – Mary Bell Teasley, 95, died Friday, Sept. 13, 2013, at the Mitchell Center of United Methodist Senior Services, where she had resided for the last few years. She was born on Oct. 16, l917, in Martin, Tenn., to Romie Hayden Jones and Ada Hendrix Jones She lived in West Point for well over […]
- Supervisors name officers for 2015 January 19, 2015
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- Howell, Carter ink with NE January 23, 2015
- United Furniture gears up for February opening in Verona January 23, 2015
- BIRTH: Sawyer Blayre Yeatman January 24, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Houston ponders tourism tax January 26, 2015
- ICC names fall graduates January 25, 2015
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- Deputies raid underage party in Mooreville, adult charged January 24, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...