By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – In this season of good cheer, motorist are being reminded not to have too much. The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, Houston Police Department and the Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol are reminding motorist not to drink and drive this Holiday season. “We all know it’s the holiday season […]
Tag Archives | Beer
By Emily Tubb Monroe Journal AMORY – Unofficial results from Tuesday’s alcohol referendum indicate that Amory voters want to keep the town alcohol-free. For the sale, distribution and possession of light wine with an alcohol content of less than 5 percent and beer of an alcoholic content of no more than 8 percent, the vote […]
By David Helms Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC – After waiting seven days for a mandatory deadline to pass, the sale of liquor inside the city limits of Pontotoc was approved by two votes late Tuesday when four photo affidavit ballots were counted by the Pontotoc City Election Commission. After poll ballots, absentee ballots and 50 nonphoto […]
By David Helms Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC – With only five photo affidavit ballots left to possibly count, the legalization of liquor sales inside the city of Pontotoc still hangs in the balance. The vote, for the moment, is tied. Those five ballots will not change the final outcome of beer/light wine sales, which was unofficially […]
By Regina Butler Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC – Unofficial results in Tuesday’s special election showed Pontotoc residents approved the legalization of beer sales, while the legalization of liquor sales was narrowly defeated. Unofficial results Tuesday night are still subject to the counting of 55 affidavit ballots which will be counted on Sept. 24, officials said. Unofficial […]
OKOLONA – A desire to keep possible clubs and businesses that sell alcohol on a tight leash has prompted the Okolona Board of Aldermen not to respond to a request for a city permit. Alvin Thomas appeared before the board last week and said he has repeatedly been turned down, he has a renter for […]
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...