By David Helms Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC – With only five photo affidavit ballots left to possibly count, the legalization of liquor sales inside the city of Pontotoc still hangs in the balance. The vote, for the moment, is tied. Those five ballots will not change the final outcome of beer/light wine sales, which was unofficially […]
Tag Archives | Beer
By Regina Butler Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC – Unofficial results in Tuesday’s special election showed Pontotoc residents approved the legalization of beer sales, while the legalization of liquor sales was narrowly defeated. Unofficial results Tuesday night are still subject to the counting of 55 affidavit ballots which will be counted on Sept. 24, officials said. Unofficial […]
OKOLONA – A desire to keep possible clubs and businesses that sell alcohol on a tight leash has prompted the Okolona Board of Aldermen not to respond to a request for a city permit. Alvin Thomas appeared before the board last week and said he has repeatedly been turned down, he has a renter for […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...