By Emily Tubb Monroe Journal AMORY – Unofficial results from Tuesday’s alcohol referendum indicate that Amory voters want to keep the town alcohol-free. For the sale, distribution and possession of light wine with an alcohol content of less than 5 percent and beer of an alcoholic content of no more than 8 percent, the vote […]
Tag Archives | Beer
By David Helms Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC – After waiting seven days for a mandatory deadline to pass, the sale of liquor inside the city limits of Pontotoc was approved by two votes late Tuesday when four photo affidavit ballots were counted by the Pontotoc City Election Commission. After poll ballots, absentee ballots and 50 nonphoto […]
By David Helms Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC – With only five photo affidavit ballots left to possibly count, the legalization of liquor sales inside the city of Pontotoc still hangs in the balance. The vote, for the moment, is tied. Those five ballots will not change the final outcome of beer/light wine sales, which was unofficially […]
By Regina Butler Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC – Unofficial results in Tuesday’s special election showed Pontotoc residents approved the legalization of beer sales, while the legalization of liquor sales was narrowly defeated. Unofficial results Tuesday night are still subject to the counting of 55 affidavit ballots which will be counted on Sept. 24, officials said. Unofficial […]
OKOLONA – A desire to keep possible clubs and businesses that sell alcohol on a tight leash has prompted the Okolona Board of Aldermen not to respond to a request for a city permit. Alvin Thomas appeared before the board last week and said he has repeatedly been turned down, he has a renter for […]
- Toppers headed to 4A finals May 15, 2015
- ICC names freshmen band members May 19, 2015
- Pratt, Echoles sign with MDCC May 19, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...