HOUSTON – Apache helicopter pilot James “Robin” Waltress wore a red scarf on Christmas Day as he flew missions in Afghanistan. “I just told people I was Santa Claus,” said Waltress. “The guys on my helicopter gave me a hard time about it. You could see it a mile away against my uniform.” The […]
Tag Archives | Becky
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
HOUSTON – They call it The Square. There are many towns in Northeast Mississippi built on a square but few rival the beauty and visionary design of Houston. “Houston’s downtown was laid out by our founder, Mr. (Joel) Pinson, who was also a surveyor,” said Joyce East, executive director of Historic Hometown Houston. “The square […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...