HOUSTON – Apache helicopter pilot James “Robin” Waltress wore a red scarf on Christmas Day as he flew missions in Afghanistan. “I just told people I was Santa Claus,” said Waltress. “The guys on my helicopter gave me a hard time about it. You could see it a mile away against my uniform.” The […]
Tag Archives | Becky
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
HOUSTON – They call it The Square. There are many towns in Northeast Mississippi built on a square but few rival the beauty and visionary design of Houston. “Houston’s downtown was laid out by our founder, Mr. (Joel) Pinson, who was also a surveyor,” said Joyce East, executive director of Historic Hometown Houston. “The square […]
- Trustees get report on Middle School February 23, 2015
- Carrot and stick February 27, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...