HOUSTON – Apache helicopter pilot James “Robin” Waltress wore a red scarf on Christmas Day as he flew missions in Afghanistan. “I just told people I was Santa Claus,” said Waltress. “The guys on my helicopter gave me a hard time about it. You could see it a mile away against my uniform.” The […]
Tag Archives | Becky
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
HOUSTON – They call it The Square. There are many towns in Northeast Mississippi built on a square but few rival the beauty and visionary design of Houston. “Houston’s downtown was laid out by our founder, Mr. (Joel) Pinson, who was also a surveyor,” said Joyce East, executive director of Historic Hometown Houston. “The square […]
- County picks MedStat ambulances September 25, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Fourth quarter October 2, 2014
- Smithville bats Lady Cats, 15-0 October 2, 2014
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 2, 2014
- Absentee voting October 2, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...