HOUSTON – Apache helicopter pilot James “Robin” Waltress wore a red scarf on Christmas Day as he flew missions in Afghanistan. “I just told people I was Santa Claus,” said Waltress. “The guys on my helicopter gave me a hard time about it. You could see it a mile away against my uniform.” The […]
Tag Archives | Becky
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
HOUSTON – They call it The Square. There are many towns in Northeast Mississippi built on a square but few rival the beauty and visionary design of Houston. “Houston’s downtown was laid out by our founder, Mr. (Joel) Pinson, who was also a surveyor,” said Joyce East, executive director of Historic Hometown Houston. “The square […]
- BOBBY SANDERSON: Service to humanity November 15, 2014
- NEMCC softball named NFCA Top 10 academically November 18, 2014
- Stephens cast in ICC production November 18, 2014
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- Defense plays its part in Cal-City’s perfect season November 19, 2014
- A man with a gun November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...