Dear Editor, There is something inherently wrong with a system that allows five people, three of whom are not even elected by the people, to go into hiding behind closed doors and make a decision that affects the entire population of the community and surrounding area and not have to explain their actions. Of course, […]
Tag Archives | Beaty
Timothy Lee Beaty Jr. was born at 2:36 p.m., Monday, Nov. 17, 2014 at Gilmore Regional Medical Center. Timothy Lee came into this world at 6-pounds, 12-ounces and was 18-inches long. He is the son of Timothy Lee and Cautina Foard Beaty of Houston. He is the maternal grandson of Willie and Overa Foard of […]
HOUSTON – There was a day and age when catching a ride to Okolona or Houston was as easy as flagging down the line car on the old OHCC Railroad. Parkersburg was one of about a dozen flag stops on the Okolona, Houston, Calhoun City (OHCC) Railroad and service on the line was not stopped […]
OKOLONA – Jewel Michell Doss Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Trinity Church of God in Christ with Pastor Eddie Longstreet and Pastor Huggins officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. Survivors include her mother, Lucy […]
HOUSTON – War is always sad. And the letters that Thomas Newton Beaty wrote home to his wife in Chickasaw County in 1863 and 1984 tell of the lonely, dangerous life in the Confederate Army and the longing to be back on the farm with family. “He was my great-great-grandfather and he was something […]
- BIRTH: Sawyer Blayre Yeatman January 24, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...