Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A man is in jail and another man was in critical condition in a Tupelo hospital following a stabbing at a home north of Houston Thursday night. Billy Brownlee, of Chickasaw County, was arrested for the alleged assault of Bruce Beaty, also of Chickasaw County, after […]
Tag Archives | Beaty
EGYPT – A simple sign on Highway 45 marks one of the most convoluted and difficult to understand Civil War battles in Northeast Mississippi. The Mississippi Department of Archives and History unveiled a marker for the Battle of Egypt Friday with historians telling the details of this conflict that occurred in the closing days of […]
Dear Editor, There is something inherently wrong with a system that allows five people, three of whom are not even elected by the people, to go into hiding behind closed doors and make a decision that affects the entire population of the community and surrounding area and not have to explain their actions. Of course, […]
Timothy Lee Beaty Jr. was born at 2:36 p.m., Monday, Nov. 17, 2014 at Gilmore Regional Medical Center. Timothy Lee came into this world at 6-pounds, 12-ounces and was 18-inches long. He is the son of Timothy Lee and Cautina Foard Beaty of Houston. He is the maternal grandson of Willie and Overa Foard of […]
HOUSTON – There was a day and age when catching a ride to Okolona or Houston was as easy as flagging down the line car on the old OHCC Railroad. Parkersburg was one of about a dozen flag stops on the Okolona, Houston, Calhoun City (OHCC) Railroad and service on the line was not stopped […]
OKOLONA – Jewel Michell Doss Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Trinity Church of God in Christ with Pastor Eddie Longstreet and Pastor Huggins officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. Survivors include her mother, Lucy […]
HOUSTON – War is always sad. And the letters that Thomas Newton Beaty wrote home to his wife in Chickasaw County in 1863 and 1984 tell of the lonely, dangerous life in the Confederate Army and the longing to be back on the farm with family. “He was my great-great-grandfather and he was something […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 1, 2015
- WEDDING: Adams / Gregory October 4, 2015
- WEDDING: Byrne / Blissard October 4, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...