HOUSTON – There was a day and age when catching a ride to Okolona or Houston was as easy as flagging down the line car on the old OHCC Railroad. Parkersburg was one of about a dozen flag stops on the Okolona, Houston, Calhoun City (OHCC) Railroad and service on the line was not stopped […]
Tag Archives | Beaty
OKOLONA – Jewel Michell Doss Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Trinity Church of God in Christ with Pastor Eddie Longstreet and Pastor Huggins officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. Survivors include her mother, Lucy […]
HOUSTON – War is always sad. And the letters that Thomas Newton Beaty wrote home to his wife in Chickasaw County in 1863 and 1984 tell of the lonely, dangerous life in the Confederate Army and the longing to be back on the farm with family. “He was my great-great-grandfather and he was something […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Houston proposes tax hike September 12, 2014
- Rewarding excellence in education September 12, 2014
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...