HOUSTON – There was a day and age when catching a ride to Okolona or Houston was as easy as flagging down the line car on the old OHCC Railroad. Parkersburg was one of about a dozen flag stops on the Okolona, Houston, Calhoun City (OHCC) Railroad and service on the line was not stopped […]
Tag Archives | Beaty
OKOLONA – Jewel Michell Doss Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Trinity Church of God in Christ with Pastor Eddie Longstreet and Pastor Huggins officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. Survivors include her mother, Lucy […]
HOUSTON – War is always sad. And the letters that Thomas Newton Beaty wrote home to his wife in Chickasaw County in 1863 and 1984 tell of the lonely, dangerous life in the Confederate Army and the longing to be back on the farm with family. “He was my great-great-grandfather and he was something […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...