EGYPT – A simple sign on Highway 45 marks one of the most convoluted and difficult to understand Civil War battles in Northeast Mississippi. The Mississippi Department of Archives and History unveiled a marker for the Battle of Egypt Friday with historians telling the details of this conflict that occurred in the closing days of […]
Tag Archives | Beaty
Dear Editor, There is something inherently wrong with a system that allows five people, three of whom are not even elected by the people, to go into hiding behind closed doors and make a decision that affects the entire population of the community and surrounding area and not have to explain their actions. Of course, […]
Timothy Lee Beaty Jr. was born at 2:36 p.m., Monday, Nov. 17, 2014 at Gilmore Regional Medical Center. Timothy Lee came into this world at 6-pounds, 12-ounces and was 18-inches long. He is the son of Timothy Lee and Cautina Foard Beaty of Houston. He is the maternal grandson of Willie and Overa Foard of […]
HOUSTON – There was a day and age when catching a ride to Okolona or Houston was as easy as flagging down the line car on the old OHCC Railroad. Parkersburg was one of about a dozen flag stops on the Okolona, Houston, Calhoun City (OHCC) Railroad and service on the line was not stopped […]
OKOLONA – Jewel Michell Doss Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Trinity Church of God in Christ with Pastor Eddie Longstreet and Pastor Huggins officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. Survivors include her mother, Lucy […]
HOUSTON – War is always sad. And the letters that Thomas Newton Beaty wrote home to his wife in Chickasaw County in 1863 and 1984 tell of the lonely, dangerous life in the Confederate Army and the longing to be back on the farm with family. “He was my great-great-grandfather and he was something […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...