BATESVILLE — Hugh A. Rhodes, 61, passed away Wednesday afternoon, Oct. 23, 2013 at Anderson Regional Hospital in Meridian. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Wells Funeral Home Chapel in Batesville. Visitation for Hugh begins at 12:00 noon and will continue until service time on Saturday. Hugh was born to Allen […]
Tag Archives | Batesville
WATER VALLEY – Morris “Ray” Rayburn Rhyne, 66, passed away Saturday morning June 29, 2013, at his brother’s home in Batesville. The funeral was held at 3 p.m. Sunday at Wells Funeral Home Chapel with the burial in Cold Springs Cemetery near Sardis. He is survived by his sister, Rita Rhyne Mottz of Paris; two […]
HOULKA – A renovated Wildcat Gymnasium took a big first step Monday night with trustees accepting a $279,400 bid from Tri-Star Mechanical Contractors of Batesville. While trustees must still approve a contract, the board’s action paved the way to renovate the lobby, concession stand, add new restrooms and paint and insulate the ceiling at the […]
BATESVILLE — Thomas Brett Pugh, 51, of Batesville died Sunday, May 26, in Quitman County. He was born in Starkville Oct. 20, 1961, to Thomas Beverly and Elaine Ferrell Pugh. He was a former resident of Greenwood, where he attended Pillow Academy through junior high. He and his family moved to Panola County in 1975. […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The National Organizations for Youth Safety (NOYS) hosts Global Youth Traffic Safety Month each May during prom, graduation and the beginning of the summer driving season to engage and empower youth to lead traffic safety efforts in their communities. This organization has put together the best practices for […]
BATESVILLE – David Webster Mills, 64, died Friday, March 29, 2013, at his home. He was born in Chickasaw County, to Felix Webster and Marion Ruth Helm Mills. He was a real-estate business owner and a member of Pilgrims Rest Baptist Church. He loved his family, his country, the great West and horses. Services will […]
BIG CREEK – David Earl Ellett, 43, died Monday, Feb. 18, 2013, at his home. He was born Nov. 24, 1969, in Charleston. He was a self-employed carpenter and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. The Rev. Johnny Hearn will […]
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...