HOUSTON – Jermaine Morgan’s hometown is known for the Flywheel Festival and the Solar Car team and he wants it to also become know for creating musicians. The Chickasaw County Instrumental Music Festival kicked off its second year this past weekend with crowds gathering in Joe Brigance Park to listen to Jazz, blues, pop and […]
Tag Archives | Bass
HOUSTON – Not everyone caught fish but everyone did have fun. The First Annual Chickasaw Development Foundation/Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids went off without a hitch as youngsters caught fish and earned $25 checks and medals for their effort. “I’ve got a pond at my house but […]
At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
SHANNON – Ottis Eugene Bass, 49, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Jan. 21, 1965, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass. He was employed as a frame builder at United Furniture and was known for being a hard worker. Previously, he worked for both Ashley Industries and Lane Furniture. His hobbies […]
SHANNON – Joseph “”Joey”” Bass, 44, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Sept. 10, 1969, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass. He was employed as a framer at United Furniture Company and was proud to be working again. His work history included janitorial, construction and furniture work. He loved fishing, camping, […]
BREWER – Ottis Bass, 49, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors. Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
BREWER – Joseph Bass, 44, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors. Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
NETTLETON – Debra Worthy was in Tupelo Wednesday around noon when her son called to tell her about the shooting happening just outside his front door. “He called me so I would know before I heard it in the news or on Facebook or before I tried to come over,” Worthy said. “I told him […]
Campers and fishermen have an extra venue open this winter as the Davis Lake Recreation Area has extended its season from Dec. 2 through Feb. 28. The lake and campgrounds were previously closed in late fall and re-opened in March, but this year the decision was made to keep the facility open. Recreation Project Manager, […]
HOUSTON – Ashley Bass is confined to a wheel chair, but her art knows no bounds. “My art allows me to express myself,” said said Bass. “A lot of people like my art and I can’t tell you how important that is when they look at one of my paintings, smile and tell me […]
DAVIS LAKE – It wasn’t all about catching fish, but it was all about having fun. The annual Kid’s Fishing Rodeo was held at Davis Lake Saturday morning with kids taking part in a casting contest, eating hotdogs and of course getting to fish. “I love catching fish,” said eight-year-old Maddox Clouse, who was fishing […]
HOUSTON – It’s time for kids of all ages to throw a line in the water and see what comes up. The annual Kid’s Fishing Rodeo is back and set for this Saturday at Davis Lake east of Houlka. The event is open to children ages 4-17 at no charge as an opportunity to try […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Gore named ICC’s Sports Information Director September 10, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- Ex-Ranger Donald Hawkins signed by Dallas Cowboys September 13, 2014
- BIRTH: Reagan Brooke Murphree September 13, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...