Scores from Thursday, March 7: BASKETBALL MHSAA State championship games 1A Girls H.W. Byers 63, Hinds AHS 41 1A Boys Biggersville 62, Coldwater 53 2A Girls Scott Central 52, New Site 49 2A Boys Baldwyn 66, Bassfield 46 BASEBALL Itawamba AHS 5, Saltillo 2 Pine Grove 15, Jumpertown 0 Pontotoc 11, Kossuth 1 New Albany […]
Tag Archives | Baseball
Scores from Saturday, March 2: BASKETBALL MHSAA Tournament 2A Girls Scott Central 58, Potts Camp 43 2A Boys Bassfield 70, Coahoma AHS 64 3A Girls SE Lauderdale 57, Ripley 50 Charleston 76, Choctaw Central 67 3A Boys Velma Jackson 37, Pass Christian 36 Booneville 56, Forest 48, OT BASEBALL Tremont 6, Pine Grove 4 New […]
High School Scores from Friday, March 1: BASKETBALL MHSAA Tournament 1A Girls H.W. Byers 72, Bogue Chitto 35 Hinds AHS 52, Ashland 47 1A Boys Coldwater 63, Hinds AHS 50 Biggersville 61, West Lincoln 55 2A Girls New Site 71, Amite County 59 2A Boys Baldwyn 50, Williams-Sullivan 45 BASEBALL Lafayette 9, Pontotoc 1 Mooreville […]
Baseball Scores Games played Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013 Houston 4, Saltillo 1 East Webster 13, South Pontotoc 7 TCPS 13, Sulligent (Ala.) 1 Games played Monday, Feb. 25, 2013 Baseball Ingomar 8, Smithville 3 Mooreville 9, Pontotoc 7 Schedules/Tournament Hatley Tournament Tuesday Sullignet vs. TCPS, 5 p.m. Sulligent vs. Bruce, 7 p.m. Thursday Smithville […]
HOUSTON – The board of aldermen are pursuing economic development with a baseball bat. The Houston Board of Aldermen have given the OK for Parks and Recreation Director John Gravat to submit bids for up to four Dizzy Dean youth baseball tournaments this summer for Houston. The city bid on two tournaments last year and […]
HOUSTON/ HOULKA – Children and youth will soon have an opportunity to join in an annual spring activity as baseball and softball registration in Houston is currently open and Houlka’s will open Feb. 2. Houston Park and Rec Director, John Gravat, said parents can sign up children Monday through Friday at Houston City Hall and […]
HOULKA/HOUSTON – Although the calendar still says it’s winter, spring sports are just around the corner and organizers of youth sports in Houston and Houlka are already preparing for baseball and softball season. Houlka and Houston are both opening registration periods for their respective programs with Houston’s open now and Houlka’s set to open the […]
John Gravat of Houston has been named Dizzy Dean State Director for Mississippi. Gravat has been a long-time officer and organizer of the youth baseball and softball programs in Houston and also serves as Park and Recreation Director for the City of Houston. One of Gravat’s responsibilities will be to keep abreast of ongoing updates […]
HHS Leadoff banquet will be held Feb. 2 at 6 p.m. at the Houston High School Commons area with guest speaker, Matt Wyatt. Wyatt is a former SEC quarterback from Mississippi State University and is a Color Analyst from the MSU football broadcast crew. He is also the co-host of HeadtoHead, a sport-centered radio program. […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Houston proposes tax hike September 12, 2014
- Rewarding excellence in education September 12, 2014
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...