Special to the Chickasaw Journal PHEBA – The Eagles took their first division loss but sandwiched it in between two big wins last week to finish on the positive side of the scoreboard. Hebron Christian, 15 vs. Central Academy, 2 Hebron scored two in the top of the first but Central tied it up in […]
Tag Archives | Baseball
Scores from Thursday, March 7: BASKETBALL MHSAA State championship games 1A Girls H.W. Byers 63, Hinds AHS 41 1A Boys Biggersville 62, Coldwater 53 2A Girls Scott Central 52, New Site 49 2A Boys Baldwyn 66, Bassfield 46 BASEBALL Itawamba AHS 5, Saltillo 2 Pine Grove 15, Jumpertown 0 Pontotoc 11, Kossuth 1 New Albany […]
Scores from Saturday, March 2: BASKETBALL MHSAA Tournament 2A Girls Scott Central 58, Potts Camp 43 2A Boys Bassfield 70, Coahoma AHS 64 3A Girls SE Lauderdale 57, Ripley 50 Charleston 76, Choctaw Central 67 3A Boys Velma Jackson 37, Pass Christian 36 Booneville 56, Forest 48, OT BASEBALL Tremont 6, Pine Grove 4 New […]
High School Scores from Friday, March 1: BASKETBALL MHSAA Tournament 1A Girls H.W. Byers 72, Bogue Chitto 35 Hinds AHS 52, Ashland 47 1A Boys Coldwater 63, Hinds AHS 50 Biggersville 61, West Lincoln 55 2A Girls New Site 71, Amite County 59 2A Boys Baldwyn 50, Williams-Sullivan 45 BASEBALL Lafayette 9, Pontotoc 1 Mooreville […]
Baseball Scores Games played Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013 Houston 4, Saltillo 1 East Webster 13, South Pontotoc 7 TCPS 13, Sulligent (Ala.) 1 Games played Monday, Feb. 25, 2013 Baseball Ingomar 8, Smithville 3 Mooreville 9, Pontotoc 7 Schedules/Tournament Hatley Tournament Tuesday Sullignet vs. TCPS, 5 p.m. Sulligent vs. Bruce, 7 p.m. Thursday Smithville […]
HOUSTON – The board of aldermen are pursuing economic development with a baseball bat. The Houston Board of Aldermen have given the OK for Parks and Recreation Director John Gravat to submit bids for up to four Dizzy Dean youth baseball tournaments this summer for Houston. The city bid on two tournaments last year and […]
HOUSTON/ HOULKA – Children and youth will soon have an opportunity to join in an annual spring activity as baseball and softball registration in Houston is currently open and Houlka’s will open Feb. 2. Houston Park and Rec Director, John Gravat, said parents can sign up children Monday through Friday at Houston City Hall and […]
HOULKA/HOUSTON – Although the calendar still says it’s winter, spring sports are just around the corner and organizers of youth sports in Houston and Houlka are already preparing for baseball and softball season. Houlka and Houston are both opening registration periods for their respective programs with Houston’s open now and Houlka’s set to open the […]
John Gravat of Houston has been named Dizzy Dean State Director for Mississippi. Gravat has been a long-time officer and organizer of the youth baseball and softball programs in Houston and also serves as Park and Recreation Director for the City of Houston. One of Gravat’s responsibilities will be to keep abreast of ongoing updates […]
HHS Leadoff banquet will be held Feb. 2 at 6 p.m. at the Houston High School Commons area with guest speaker, Matt Wyatt. Wyatt is a former SEC quarterback from Mississippi State University and is a Color Analyst from the MSU football broadcast crew. He is also the co-host of HeadtoHead, a sport-centered radio program. […]
- PERRY GRUBBS: It’s been a good year for Okolona December 13, 2014
- Topper Old Timer December 16, 2014
- Houston superintendent’s contract not renewed December 17, 2014
- Reaching out to offenders December 17, 2014
- Tupelo man killed in Tuesday morning wreck December 17, 2014
- Union County woman arrested in scam after burning death December 19, 2014
- Wreaths across America December 19, 2014
- Board hears report on HUES December 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Christmas in Houston, Mississippi December 18, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Change December 18, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...