HOUSTON – The Houston school board is looking for new attorneys in its effort to get a leaking roof fixed. Trustees dismissed Tupelo attorneys Gary Carnathan and Bill Murphree Jan. 13, after a closed door executive session that lasted an hour-and-a-half and was billed as a need to discuss “pending or possible litigation.” Carnathan […]
Tag Archives | Bart
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
HOUSTON – Parents concerned about alleged bullying at Houston Middle School were not allowed to speak at a board meeting last week because they did not fill out the proper forms. Mid-way through the April 8 Houston School Board meeting parents David Adams and Tonja Turner stood and asked to speak, but were told the […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- Houston running game rolls September 18, 2014
- ER closes, clinic opens at Trace September 18, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Your Hospital September 18, 2014
- Houston WalMart target of bomb scare September 17, 2014
- Liquor defeated, beer apparently approved in Pontotoc September 17, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...