HOUSTON – The Houston school board is looking for new attorneys in its effort to get a leaking roof fixed. Trustees dismissed Tupelo attorneys Gary Carnathan and Bill Murphree Jan. 13, after a closed door executive session that lasted an hour-and-a-half and was billed as a need to discuss “pending or possible litigation.” Carnathan […]
Tag Archives | Bart
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
HOUSTON – Parents concerned about alleged bullying at Houston Middle School were not allowed to speak at a board meeting last week because they did not fill out the proper forms. Mid-way through the April 8 Houston School Board meeting parents David Adams and Tonja Turner stood and asked to speak, but were told the […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...