By Emily Tubb Monroe Journal AMORY – Unofficial results from Tuesday’s alcohol referendum indicate that Amory voters want to keep the town alcohol-free. For the sale, distribution and possession of light wine with an alcohol content of less than 5 percent and beer of an alcoholic content of no more than 8 percent, the vote […]
Tag Archives | Barnett
HOULKA – John Bob Williams, 71, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He was born on Jan. 30, 1943, in Houlka to Robert R. Williams and Mary Johnson Williams. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department where he was a maintenance […]
HOULKA – Mavis Barnett Collums, 71, died Saturday, May 3, 2014, at her home. She was born Dec. 26, 1942, to Fred Franklin Barnett and Emmie Gibson Barnett in Chickasaw County She was a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be 2 p.m. Monday, May 4, at Thorn Church of God with Bro. […]
HOUSTON – Grace Robinson Floyd, 89 years old, of Tupelo, died Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Fern Brooke Personal Care Home, Houston, Miss. She was born on December 17, 1924, to Alfred Thomas Robinson and Nola Newcomb Robinson in Eastport, Miss. She graduated from Burnsville High School, where she played basketball and loved the sport. […]
HOUSTON – Jeanie Ray Smith Barnett, 58, died Saturday, April 12, 2014, at her home. She was born Aug. 6, 1955, to Paul Ray and Helen Smith. She was a homemaker, and a member of Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Vardaman. She served God with her voice, singing his praises and encouraging others. […]
PONTOTOC – Stormie Rae Barnett, 64, died Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, at her residence in Russellville, Ark. Graveside services will be 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 27, at Collums Cemetery in Calhoun County. Baldwin-Nowell Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Shirley Logan recently had five generations of family attend the Christening of Caylen Groeb. Shown are, from left, Caylen, Constan Goines, Debbie Lucas, Vickie Barnett and Shirley Logan.
- Lady Hilltoppers stopped by Amory October 23, 2014
- Cooper gets tough with cancer October 27, 2014
- Thank you friends of education October 27, 2014
- Art in the Park October 27, 2014
- McClain earns Sonic’s Hall of Fame award October 28, 2014
- Wildcats fall to Biggersville October 30, 2014
- Houston eyes playoffs October 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Trustees, Senator, judges on ballot October 30, 2014
- MOLLY MAY NAMED ICC HOMECOMING QUEEN October 29, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...