By Jeff Eubanks and Errol Castens Daily Journal OXFORD – Cheers and chants joined speeches, pledges and resolutions Wednesday when about 2,500 supporters of University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones rallied in the Lyceum Circle to demand his continuation as UM’s leader. The IHL Board decided last Friday and reaffirmed on Monday not to extend […]
Tag Archives | Barnett
By Emily Tubb Monroe Journal AMORY – Unofficial results from Tuesday’s alcohol referendum indicate that Amory voters want to keep the town alcohol-free. For the sale, distribution and possession of light wine with an alcohol content of less than 5 percent and beer of an alcoholic content of no more than 8 percent, the vote […]
HOULKA – John Bob Williams, 71, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He was born on Jan. 30, 1943, in Houlka to Robert R. Williams and Mary Johnson Williams. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department where he was a maintenance […]
HOULKA – Mavis Barnett Collums, 71, died Saturday, May 3, 2014, at her home. She was born Dec. 26, 1942, to Fred Franklin Barnett and Emmie Gibson Barnett in Chickasaw County She was a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be 2 p.m. Monday, May 4, at Thorn Church of God with Bro. […]
HOUSTON – Grace Robinson Floyd, 89 years old, of Tupelo, died Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Fern Brooke Personal Care Home, Houston, Miss. She was born on December 17, 1924, to Alfred Thomas Robinson and Nola Newcomb Robinson in Eastport, Miss. She graduated from Burnsville High School, where she played basketball and loved the sport. […]
HOUSTON – Jeanie Ray Smith Barnett, 58, died Saturday, April 12, 2014, at her home. She was born Aug. 6, 1955, to Paul Ray and Helen Smith. She was a homemaker, and a member of Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Vardaman. She served God with her voice, singing his praises and encouraging others. […]
PONTOTOC – Stormie Rae Barnett, 64, died Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, at her residence in Russellville, Ark. Graveside services will be 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 27, at Collums Cemetery in Calhoun County. Baldwin-Nowell Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Shirley Logan recently had five generations of family attend the Christening of Caylen Groeb. Shown are, from left, Caylen, Constan Goines, Debbie Lucas, Vickie Barnett and Shirley Logan.
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...