By Emily Tubb Monroe Journal AMORY – Unofficial results from Tuesday’s alcohol referendum indicate that Amory voters want to keep the town alcohol-free. For the sale, distribution and possession of light wine with an alcohol content of less than 5 percent and beer of an alcoholic content of no more than 8 percent, the vote […]
Tag Archives | Barnett
HOULKA – John Bob Williams, 71, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He was born on Jan. 30, 1943, in Houlka to Robert R. Williams and Mary Johnson Williams. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department where he was a maintenance […]
HOULKA – Mavis Barnett Collums, 71, died Saturday, May 3, 2014, at her home. She was born Dec. 26, 1942, to Fred Franklin Barnett and Emmie Gibson Barnett in Chickasaw County She was a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be 2 p.m. Monday, May 4, at Thorn Church of God with Bro. […]
HOUSTON – Grace Robinson Floyd, 89 years old, of Tupelo, died Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Fern Brooke Personal Care Home, Houston, Miss. She was born on December 17, 1924, to Alfred Thomas Robinson and Nola Newcomb Robinson in Eastport, Miss. She graduated from Burnsville High School, where she played basketball and loved the sport. […]
HOUSTON – Jeanie Ray Smith Barnett, 58, died Saturday, April 12, 2014, at her home. She was born Aug. 6, 1955, to Paul Ray and Helen Smith. She was a homemaker, and a member of Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Vardaman. She served God with her voice, singing his praises and encouraging others. […]
PONTOTOC – Stormie Rae Barnett, 64, died Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, at her residence in Russellville, Ark. Graveside services will be 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 27, at Collums Cemetery in Calhoun County. Baldwin-Nowell Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Shirley Logan recently had five generations of family attend the Christening of Caylen Groeb. Shown are, from left, Caylen, Constan Goines, Debbie Lucas, Vickie Barnett and Shirley Logan.
- Boys beware! February 20, 2015
- Freezing rain, snow forecast, local schools dismissing classes February 23, 2015
- Girls basketball playoff games postponed February 23, 2015
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houston’s teams enjoying new life February 24, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Band Booster seafood fundraiser underway February 25, 2015
- Region could see inches of snow today February 25, 2015
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors February 25, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...