HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
Tag Archives | Barber
It’s off the beaten path in rural Chickasaw County, but well worth the trip. Beautiful yards are easily seen in Houston, Okolona, Woodland and Houlka, but you have to be going to Gerald and Elise Gray’s house on County Road 28 to enjoy a very large manicured lawn, massive pecan trees, several gardens and an […]
PONTOTOC – Howard Clemons, 86, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church where he was a deacon. He was a Master Mason, a member of the Cal-Chick Hunting Club and a WWII Army Veteran. He was an avid fox hunter and […]
HOUSTON – Leslie Joe Wiggs, 74, died Monday, May 6, 2013, at his home. He was born March 29, 1939, to Elmer Bud Wiggs and Robbie Pauline Mayhan Wiggs. He was a retired barber and farmer. He was a member of Midway Baptist Church. Services are Thursday, May 9, at 10 a.m. at Houston Funeral […]
When you walk in the door at Earp’s Barber Shop it is easy to understand you are in place tailored to cut men’s hair. “All I do is cut hair,” said Jim Earp, who has been trimming men’s manes in Houston for 39 years. “I’ve been in this location the last 10 of those years. […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- City, CDF discuss Tanglefoot trailhead August 15, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- WEEK ONE: High school football schedules August 21, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Houston runs over Bessemer August 21, 2014
- BROWN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR August 21, 2014
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....