By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The Mayor and City Council held a public hearing at 6 p.m. at Rockwell-Green City Auditorium Tuesday, April 5, to discuss three privately-owned blighted properties located alongside each other on West Main Street in Okolona. No action was taken following the hearing, which is […]
Tag Archives | Bank
I’ve found as I get older that I am not wowed by great events and grand dreams that draw me so intensely. I’ve discovered it is the little things and smaller moments that catch my eye, intrigue me and make me think. Yes, I still have a couple of big ideas that I want to […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Crews were busy last week stabilizing adjacent buildings and removing debris from two collapsed building in downtown Okolona Two century-old buildings in the 200 block of West Main Street were destroyed and a third was damaged. And officials are closely watching the buildings on either side. Construction […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A thief or thieves attempting to rob a person making a night deposit at a downtown bank were foiled by alert police who then chased a suspect vehicle out of town Saturday night. Police Chief Billy Voyles said a woman was making a deposit for a business […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal TUPELO – An armed gunman who died Saturday during an attempted robbery in Phoenix, Ariz., is likely the same suspect accused of shooting two Tupelo police officers Monday, killing one and critically injuring the second, after robbing a bank. FBI investigators linked the Tupelo case to another bank robbery in Atlanta that […]
EUPORA (AP) – A Eupora police officer died Wednesday while trying to stop a vehicle believed to have been used in a failed bank robbery. Mississippi Highway Patrol Sgt. Criss Turnipseed says the unidentified officer was putting down spike strips along U.S. Highway 82 in front of the suspects’ car. Turnipseed says the driver swerved […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — Habitat for Humanity of Houston is seeking applicants who want to partner with them for home construction. Persons who are interested in being considered should call Rev. Randy Rinehart at 542-1911 to begin the application process. All information submitted to Habitat for Humanity is confidential. Habitat does […]
BRUCE – Shirley Ann Barnes Lundy, 76, died Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, at her residence. She was born on April 16, 1936, in Houlka to Earnest Hansel and Maylene Lowery Barnes. She was a member of Bruce First Baptist Church. She was a retired bank loan officer and a homemaker. Service is at 2 p.m. […]
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...