Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Four individuals are under arrest after approaching a woman Saturday night at the BancorpSouth branch in Houston. Dvante Randle and Shikasmine Walker, both of Una, and Eddious Webb of Mantee, are accused of attempting to rob the woman as she deposited money at the bank. A fourth […]
Tag Archives | BancorpSouth
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi will host its 19th annual State of the Region meeting from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today. The meeting will be held at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. The Chickasaw Development Foundation will earn credit for those in […]
HOUSTON – They danced to the tune “Sweet Georgia Brown,” they laughed at the antics of the team and there was a pizza at Chuck E. Cheeses thrown in to boot. Houston Special Education students were treated to an evening with the Harlem Globetrotters who came to BancorpSouth Arena Feb. 26 and learned a […]
By Ginna Parsons Daily Journal HOUSTON – Barbara Fleming began cooking at age 10 with the blessing of her mother. “I liked to cook and my mother let me cook, but she always said I was an expensive cook,” said Fleming, 64. “It wasn’t that I messed things up. We could always eat everything I […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal TUPELO – Tupelo Police Officer Joseph Maher was released from North Mississippi Medical Center Tuesday morning, eight days after being critically wounded in a shootout. “I was encouraged, when I saw him this morning, at how well he was doing and how strong he was looking,” Police Chief Bart Aguirre […]
By Robbie Ward Daily Journal TUPELO – Tupelo Police Sgt. Gale Stauffer’s widow and mother joined hands Sunday morning as they entered the BancorpSouth Arena to gather in a circle with other family and Tupelo police officers to pray. Minutes later, they stood alongside FBI Special Agent in Charge for Mississippi Daniel McMullen as he […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal TUPELO – An armed gunman who died Saturday during an attempted robbery in Phoenix, Ariz., is likely the same suspect accused of shooting two Tupelo police officers Monday, killing one and critically injuring the second, after robbing a bank. FBI investigators linked the Tupelo case to another bank robbery in Atlanta that […]
HOUSTON – Omarian Hammond, 6, dressed at the Hulk and collected a hulking bucket of candy at the Spooktacular Boo Bash held Thursday night on the Square in Houston. “I did pretty good,” said Hammond. “I visited every store. It was fun.” Boo Bash was sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation who partnered with downtown […]
OKOLONA – Cherry Ann Wilkinson Word, 86, died Monday, May 20, 2013, at her residence following an extended illness. She was born Jan. 25, 1927, in Memphis to Joseph C. Wilkinson and Mary Halliburton Wilkinson. After graduating high school she continued her education at Mississippi State College for Women (MSCW) in Columbus. She married Thomas […]
SALTILLO – Tina Yvonne Witcher, 45, died Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born in Okolona on Jan. 6, 1968. She was a 1986 honor graduate of Okolona High School. She received her degree in accounting from the University of Mississippi and worked as an accountant for 25 years with […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...