HOUSTON – They danced to the tune “Sweet Georgia Brown,” they laughed at the antics of the team and there was a pizza at Chuck E. Cheeses thrown in to boot. Houston Special Education students were treated to an evening with the Harlem Globetrotters who came to BancorpSouth Arena Feb. 26 and learned a […]
Tag Archives | BancorpSouth
By Ginna Parsons Daily Journal HOUSTON – Barbara Fleming began cooking at age 10 with the blessing of her mother. “I liked to cook and my mother let me cook, but she always said I was an expensive cook,” said Fleming, 64. “It wasn’t that I messed things up. We could always eat everything I […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal TUPELO – Tupelo Police Officer Joseph Maher was released from North Mississippi Medical Center Tuesday morning, eight days after being critically wounded in a shootout. “I was encouraged, when I saw him this morning, at how well he was doing and how strong he was looking,” Police Chief Bart Aguirre […]
By Robbie Ward Daily Journal TUPELO – Tupelo Police Sgt. Gale Stauffer’s widow and mother joined hands Sunday morning as they entered the BancorpSouth Arena to gather in a circle with other family and Tupelo police officers to pray. Minutes later, they stood alongside FBI Special Agent in Charge for Mississippi Daniel McMullen as he […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal TUPELO – An armed gunman who died Saturday during an attempted robbery in Phoenix, Ariz., is likely the same suspect accused of shooting two Tupelo police officers Monday, killing one and critically injuring the second, after robbing a bank. FBI investigators linked the Tupelo case to another bank robbery in Atlanta that […]
HOUSTON – Omarian Hammond, 6, dressed at the Hulk and collected a hulking bucket of candy at the Spooktacular Boo Bash held Thursday night on the Square in Houston. “I did pretty good,” said Hammond. “I visited every store. It was fun.” Boo Bash was sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation who partnered with downtown […]
OKOLONA – Cherry Ann Wilkinson Word, 86, died Monday, May 20, 2013, at her residence following an extended illness. She was born Jan. 25, 1927, in Memphis to Joseph C. Wilkinson and Mary Halliburton Wilkinson. After graduating high school she continued her education at Mississippi State College for Women (MSCW) in Columbus. She married Thomas […]
SALTILLO – Tina Yvonne Witcher, 45, died Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born in Okolona on Jan. 6, 1968. She was a 1986 honor graduate of Okolona High School. She received her degree in accounting from the University of Mississippi and worked as an accountant for 25 years with […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Islam and the Crusades February 21, 2015
- Region could see inches of snow today February 25, 2015
- Band Booster seafood fundraiser underway February 25, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...