By Regina Butler Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC – Unofficial results in Tuesday’s special election showed Pontotoc residents approved the legalization of beer sales, while the legalization of liquor sales was narrowly defeated. Unofficial results Tuesday night are still subject to the counting of 55 affidavit ballots which will be counted on Sept. 24, officials said. Unofficial […]
Tag Archives | ballots
HOUSTON – Voters put incumbent city leaders back into office as Tony Uhiren and Frank Thomas reclaimed their seats on the Houston Board of Alderman. Neither race was close in the only two contested races in Chickasaw County that pitted Republicans and Democrats in municipal elections June 4. Thomas ran as a Republican for his […]
OKOLONA – Okolona’s race for mayor came down to the wire, with absentee ballots determing the winner in a close contest. At the close of voting, former Mayor Sherman Carouthers led incumbent Mayor Louise Cole, 455-450, but once absentees and affadavits were counted and certified, Cole had retained her seat by a margin of 507-477. […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...