Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A local man has has been arrested and charged with sexual battery of a vulnerable person, following an investigation by prosecutors for the Mississippi Attorney General. A press release from Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood last week said Alshunte Bowen, of Houston, turned himself in to authorities Thursday […]
Tag Archives | Baker
HOUSTON – It’s no secret there are fewer farmers and fewer farmers in American than there were 20 years ago, but there is still a bright future in agriculture in this country. Mitch Baker, National FFA Secretary, came to Houston last week to visit with Houston High School ag students and talk about jobs and […]
OKOLONA – Okolona High School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Fifth Grade Superintendent’s List Jalariyon Darnell Collins Fifth Grade Principal’s List Taylor B. Chapman, Addison Mckenzie Floyd, Makayla Kiara Hodges, Valencia Elizabeth Hughes, Jakiaila Netaysha Ivy and Darrick Ahmad Whitfield, Jr. Sixth Grade Principal’s List Marquavius Ladezma Baker, Jacobren Christopher […]
HOUSTON — Jeannette Patterson Hood Scott Davis, 95, passed away peacefully on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. James M. Hood of Houlka. She graduated from Houlka High School, where she was the first, Miss Houlka, and attended Blue Mountain College. She was a […]
PONTOTOC – Clara Mae Young Campbell, 96, passed away Tuesday, May 20, 2014, in Pensacola, Florida. She was born Aug. 25, 1917, in Foulke, Arkansas, and was a member of Buckhorn Church of Christ. A graveside service was held Thursday, May 22, 2014, at Pontotoc Memorial Garden. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc was in […]
BAKER, La. – Helen R. Frank, 96, passed away Tuesday, March 18, 2014, at Lane Regional Medical Center in Zachary, La. She was a native of the Egypt community. She enjoyed gardening, baking and sewing. She was loved by all who knew her and will be greatly missed. She is survived by her son, Richard […]
GRENADA – Margaret Olivea Baker Simmons, 81, died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at her home. She was born March 12, 1932, and was the daughter of William Baker and Elsie Mae Nichols Baker of Calhoun City. She was a loving mother, wife and sister; homemaker; and a member of Hebron Baptist Church in Grenada. Services […]
FULTON/TUPELO – Several area residents were among those who earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees or certificates at the conclusion of the 2013 spring semester at Itawamba Community College. They include: Houlka – Brody A. Collums, A.A.; Anna Nicole Daugherty, A.A.S.; Robbie Dewayne Earnest, A.A.S.; Christopher R. Fedrick, A.A.S.; Meagan […]
by NEMS Daily Journal FULTON – Itawamba Community College guard Ty-Nita Baker has been selected to the All-Region XXIII team and MACJC first team All-State. Baker, a sophomore from Houston, was also named to the All-Region tournament team last week for helping the Lady Indians (19-9) claim their first NJCAA Tournament berth since 1975. Baker is […]
- Toppers headed to 4A finals May 15, 2015
- Pratt, Echoles sign with MDCC May 19, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...