By William Moore Daily Journal TUPELO – The term “big election” really applies to the races for Monroe County circuit clerk and Chickasaw County sheriff. Neither incumbent has chosen to seek re-election and just half-way through the qualifying period, each race already has eight candidates. Qualifying will continue until 5 p.m. on Feb. 27. In […]
Tag Archives | Baird
HOUSTON – They started last week with a group of about 12 gathering to tell the good things about their business and their ideas for helping Houston grow. The Houston Business Group held Live In The Park: Spring Kickoff to get people downtown and to get local business in the loop on activities planned by […]
This is the time of year when we take a look back at 2013 and at the same time look forward to 2014. It’s a bittersweet time of year. There have been weddings and funerals, cars bought and trucks crashed, profits and losses, good times and sad times. I try not to dwell too much […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It was a year full of news at the Tanglefoot Trail opened and voters went to the polls to elect city officers. More than 10 years or planning, preparation and construction culminated this fall with the opening of the Tanglefoot Trail that stretches 44-miles from Houston to New Albany. The Trail – […]
BOONEVILLE – 105 Northeast Mississippi Community College students have been nominated to Who’s Who Among Students In American Junior Colleges. Who’s Who Among Students In American Junior Colleges is a national honors program. Each year, Northeast nominates students who exemplify outstanding participation and leadership in academics, extracurricular activities, and community service. Qualifications for selection include […]
HOUSTON – American veterans have never been known to back off when the going gets tough. The Houston Solar Car program received a check for $10,000 recently from Mississippi VFW for their work in promoting the state and their desire to stay on the cutting edge of technology. “We are all about veterans, veteran’s families […]
BOONEVILLE – Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Student Government Association (SGA) recently completed its student council for the 2013-14 academic year during campus wide elections in September. After electing the core of the Student Government Association in the spring with Tishomingo’s Katelin Wallace, Belmont’s Wesley Brandon and Bruce’s Lexi Burt comprising the roles of president, vice-president […]
HOUSTON – Ludell Elizabeth Hulsey Baird, 87, died Monday, Sept. 23, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Jan. 22, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Thomas J. Hulsey and Minnie Dell Mahan Hulsey. She was a member of First United Methodist Church in Houston and a member of the VFW […]
HOUSTON – Margaret Ann Baird Lacey, 76, died Saturday, July 27, 2013, at her home. She was born April 16, 1937, to Aubrey Lorette Baird and Ruth Boatman Baird in Turrell, Ark. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Houston and a homemaker. She enjoyed sewing, crafts and quilting, and made Mississippi State […]
HOUSTON – One hundred years ago, O.E. Baird and E.E. Baird bought a shop downtown and this month the third generation of Bairds will celebrate a century of work at that location. Bobby, Doug and Rob Baird still go to work at the shop at 221 North Jefferson each day turning parts, forging fittings and […]
- Florida largemouth bass stocked into Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway lakes June 24, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Truth inside the culture war June 27, 2015
- First National Bank changes name to First Choice Bank June 27, 2015
- TERRI TURNER: 2015 Woman Of The Year June 28, 2015
- JAMES MEYERS: 2015 Man Of The Year June 28, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...