HOUSTON – They started last week with a group of about 12 gathering to tell the good things about their business and their ideas for helping Houston grow. The Houston Business Group held Live In The Park: Spring Kickoff to get people downtown and to get local business in the loop on activities planned by […]
Tag Archives | Baird
This is the time of year when we take a look back at 2013 and at the same time look forward to 2014. It’s a bittersweet time of year. There have been weddings and funerals, cars bought and trucks crashed, profits and losses, good times and sad times. I try not to dwell too much […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It was a year full of news at the Tanglefoot Trail opened and voters went to the polls to elect city officers. More than 10 years or planning, preparation and construction culminated this fall with the opening of the Tanglefoot Trail that stretches 44-miles from Houston to New Albany. The Trail – […]
BOONEVILLE – 105 Northeast Mississippi Community College students have been nominated to Who’s Who Among Students In American Junior Colleges. Who’s Who Among Students In American Junior Colleges is a national honors program. Each year, Northeast nominates students who exemplify outstanding participation and leadership in academics, extracurricular activities, and community service. Qualifications for selection include […]
HOUSTON – American veterans have never been known to back off when the going gets tough. The Houston Solar Car program received a check for $10,000 recently from Mississippi VFW for their work in promoting the state and their desire to stay on the cutting edge of technology. “We are all about veterans, veteran’s families […]
BOONEVILLE – Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Student Government Association (SGA) recently completed its student council for the 2013-14 academic year during campus wide elections in September. After electing the core of the Student Government Association in the spring with Tishomingo’s Katelin Wallace, Belmont’s Wesley Brandon and Bruce’s Lexi Burt comprising the roles of president, vice-president […]
HOUSTON – Ludell Elizabeth Hulsey Baird, 87, died Monday, Sept. 23, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Jan. 22, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Thomas J. Hulsey and Minnie Dell Mahan Hulsey. She was a member of First United Methodist Church in Houston and a member of the VFW […]
HOUSTON – Margaret Ann Baird Lacey, 76, died Saturday, July 27, 2013, at her home. She was born April 16, 1937, to Aubrey Lorette Baird and Ruth Boatman Baird in Turrell, Ark. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Houston and a homemaker. She enjoyed sewing, crafts and quilting, and made Mississippi State […]
HOUSTON – One hundred years ago, O.E. Baird and E.E. Baird bought a shop downtown and this month the third generation of Bairds will celebrate a century of work at that location. Bobby, Doug and Rob Baird still go to work at the shop at 221 North Jefferson each day turning parts, forging fittings and […]
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- Chieftains to stand tall on court November 24, 2014
- Trustees, judges on ballot November 24, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...