PITTSBORO – Jimmy Don Hardin, 61, died Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson. He was born on Oct. 5, 1952, in Vardaman. He was a member of the Poplar Springs Baptist Church. He was the president of Hardin Trucking since 1983 and a cattleman and a farmer. He was an active […]
Tag Archives | Bailey
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Local school districts have traditionally handled their own school board elections at various times, but a new state law makes it a countywide event in November this year. “They used to conduct their own elections with their own people and everything,” said Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis. “That won’t be […]
BRUCE – Ivy Jean Posey, 71, died Monday, Feb. 23, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born Feb. 28, 1942, in Bruce, she was a daughter of Winfred and Wilma Ivy Bailey. She attended school in Bruce, was a member of Carnation Baptist Church and was a seamstress in the area furniture plants. A fun-loving […]
RANDOLPH – Howard Bailey Ferguson, 71, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He drove an 18-wheeler all his life. An avid coon hunter, he loved horses and spending time with his family and friends. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home […]
WREN – Kimberly Hogan Bailey, 42, died Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will announced later by Fields Funeral Home of Okolona.
ABERDEEN – Mary Frances Bailey, 72, died Saturday, June 8, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 15, at Zion Spring M.B. Church in Okolona. Dr. Henry Gladney will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge. She […]
OKOLONA –The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department has made four arrests in a series of burglaries, with divers called in to recover some of the loot. Two homes on Forrest Street were burglarized about two weeks ago with guns, jewelry, watches and money stolen in the break-ins. It is believed that as authorities began developing suspects […]
WILLISTON – Lillie Pearl Holmes Bailey, 56, died Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, in Houston. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Oak Grove Baptist Church in Moscow, Tenn. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery. Holly Springs Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements. She is survived by a son, B.J. Smallwood of […]
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- Houston kicks off season with win August 28, 2014
- INGRAM: Dove season makes my trigger-finger itch August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...