Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Family and friends of Houston High School students gathered in the school auditorium May 19, to watch the awarding of scholarships and certificates for 2015. The following awards were given: BancorpSouth Academic Achievement These awards are given to students in grades 10-12 who have earned an overall […]
Tag Archives | Awards
HOUSTON – Every year is different in high school football because the players are different. “This was a very special bunch of guys to me,” said Houston football coach William Cook of the 2014 Houston High School football team. “They were young, they were smaller than just about everybody we played and they stayed after […]
TUPELO – Several students from Houston and Okolona High Schools were honored recently at the annual Career-Technical Scholars luncheon at the Itawamba Community College campus in Tupelo. The event honors secondary and post-secondary students who scored an 80-precent or higher on state tests required for their specific career and technical programs. Students who were presented […]
HOUSTON – The ACT (American College Testing) is an exam that measures a students readiness to take college classes and is considered a fair measure of a person’s knowledge of English, math, social studies and science. Thirty-three is considered a perfect score. The Houston High School Class of 2014 had one student score a 33 […]
HOUSTON — Upperclassmen at Houston schools were presented with certificates and honors at Awards Night at the Houston Auditorium Tuesday, May 21. The evening saw local businesses, civic organizations, colleges and families hand out scholarships and accolades to hundreds of students. “The best way I can describe this class is fantastic,” said Houston High School […]
OKOLONA – Okolona High School held awards day May 13 with scholarships and special awards presented. Those receiving awards and scholarships include: Jasmaine Gates, Class of 1967 Ragan Gathings, Class of 1991 Ragan Gathings, College Goal Sunday Alexis Nabors, Ford/Faulkner scholarship Tyson Eddie, MDE Career and Technical Achivement Vantashia Franklin, University of Mississippi Kadeisha Judd, […]
OKOLONA – The 79th annual Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet will be held March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory and the focus this year will be on local business and industry in relation to economic growth. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, will deliver the […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...