HOUSTON – Every year is different in high school football because the players are different. “This was a very special bunch of guys to me,” said Houston football coach William Cook of the 2014 Houston High School football team. “They were young, they were smaller than just about everybody we played and they stayed after […]
Tag Archives | Awards
TUPELO – Several students from Houston and Okolona High Schools were honored recently at the annual Career-Technical Scholars luncheon at the Itawamba Community College campus in Tupelo. The event honors secondary and post-secondary students who scored an 80-precent or higher on state tests required for their specific career and technical programs. Students who were presented […]
HOUSTON – The ACT (American College Testing) is an exam that measures a students readiness to take college classes and is considered a fair measure of a person’s knowledge of English, math, social studies and science. Thirty-three is considered a perfect score. The Houston High School Class of 2014 had one student score a 33 […]
HOUSTON — Upperclassmen at Houston schools were presented with certificates and honors at Awards Night at the Houston Auditorium Tuesday, May 21. The evening saw local businesses, civic organizations, colleges and families hand out scholarships and accolades to hundreds of students. “The best way I can describe this class is fantastic,” said Houston High School […]
OKOLONA – Okolona High School held awards day May 13 with scholarships and special awards presented. Those receiving awards and scholarships include: Jasmaine Gates, Class of 1967 Ragan Gathings, Class of 1991 Ragan Gathings, College Goal Sunday Alexis Nabors, Ford/Faulkner scholarship Tyson Eddie, MDE Career and Technical Achivement Vantashia Franklin, University of Mississippi Kadeisha Judd, […]
OKOLONA – The 79th annual Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet will be held March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory and the focus this year will be on local business and industry in relation to economic growth. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, will deliver the […]
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...