HOUSTON – Every year is different in high school football because the players are different. “This was a very special bunch of guys to me,” said Houston football coach William Cook of the 2014 Houston High School football team. “They were young, they were smaller than just about everybody we played and they stayed after […]
Tag Archives | Awards
TUPELO – Several students from Houston and Okolona High Schools were honored recently at the annual Career-Technical Scholars luncheon at the Itawamba Community College campus in Tupelo. The event honors secondary and post-secondary students who scored an 80-precent or higher on state tests required for their specific career and technical programs. Students who were presented […]
HOUSTON – The ACT (American College Testing) is an exam that measures a students readiness to take college classes and is considered a fair measure of a person’s knowledge of English, math, social studies and science. Thirty-three is considered a perfect score. The Houston High School Class of 2014 had one student score a 33 […]
HOUSTON — Upperclassmen at Houston schools were presented with certificates and honors at Awards Night at the Houston Auditorium Tuesday, May 21. The evening saw local businesses, civic organizations, colleges and families hand out scholarships and accolades to hundreds of students. “The best way I can describe this class is fantastic,” said Houston High School […]
OKOLONA – Okolona High School held awards day May 13 with scholarships and special awards presented. Those receiving awards and scholarships include: Jasmaine Gates, Class of 1967 Ragan Gathings, Class of 1991 Ragan Gathings, College Goal Sunday Alexis Nabors, Ford/Faulkner scholarship Tyson Eddie, MDE Career and Technical Achivement Vantashia Franklin, University of Mississippi Kadeisha Judd, […]
OKOLONA – The 79th annual Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet will be held March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory and the focus this year will be on local business and industry in relation to economic growth. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, will deliver the […]
- Vardaman softball coach arrested April 18, 2015
- CenterStage to perform at ICC April 22, 2015
- Cyclist dies on Natchez Trace Parkway April 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...