The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has accepted two new members and seven renewal memberships into its enHance program for the 2015 class. Two other members, including Ark-Ell Springs of Houlka, upgraded their membership status. The recognition was part of the annual workshop and awards luncheon held in Jackson. enHance is a voluntary stewardship […]
Tag Archives | Award
CHICKSAW COUNTY – The Chickasaw County Historical and Genealogical Society has earned the state’s top award for protection and display of local history. Members of the Historical Society traveled to Jackson recently to accept the Frank E. Everett Jr. Award for outstanding contributions to the preservation and interpretation of local history. “This is incredible […]
HOUSTON – Nine years ago Dr. Victor Horn opened a simple free clinic with the goal that it offer quality care and be free to those is served. Horn, and a staff of volunteers who now operate the clinic one Saturday a month at First Baptist Church of Houston, have been named the recipients […]
The Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR has awarded Kristen Marsh its top honor for her grades in American history at Houston High School. Marsh earned the chapter’s Outstanding Work in American History Award with a 98.4 grade in the subject. “She has worked hard to earn that grade and we wanted to recognize this accomplishment,” […]
HOUSTON – Local McDonald’s® owner-operator Robert Tomey was recently honored by his peers for his investment to upgrade and provide a clean, quality restaurants for his customers. Tomey received the prestigious Place Award at the annual McDonald’s Great Southern Region meeting of the Regional Owner-Operator Association held recently in New Orleans. Tomey, who owns and […]
HOUSTON – The gifts ranged from $100 bills and Ipods to snowcones and an extra recess, but the real reward was a smile and the satisfaction of a job well done. Houston Upper Elementary School and the PACE Foundation presented awards to more than 350 students Thursday for high achievement on last year’s MCT2 (Mississippi […]
STARKVILLE – The Houston FFA had a busy spring participating in district competition in April in Starkville. The Jr. Dairy Evaluation team and Jr. Meats Evaluation team both took top honors at State Champions and four other participating teams placed in the top ten in their categories of competition. Several team members continued on to […]
HOUSTON — Upperclassmen at Houston schools were presented with certificates and honors at Awards Night at the Houston Auditorium Tuesday, May 21. The evening saw local businesses, civic organizations, colleges and families hand out scholarships and accolades to hundreds of students. “The best way I can describe this class is fantastic,” said Houston High School […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Houston High School Topper Pride band was honored with their annual banquet April 23 at the Civic Center. The band competed at the Mississippi High School Activities Association/Mississippi Bandmaster’s Concert band evaluation in February where they were the only 4A school to score a superior rating in […]
HOUSTON — The Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR has awarded Cameron Byrne, its top honor for her grades in history at Houston High School. Byrne earned the chapter’s Outstanding Work in American History Award with a 98.7 grade in the class. “We are always so proud to recognize those students who excel in history,” said […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Bowens, Gladney lift in Las Vegas August 4, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...