By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – With the fall hunting season approaching and residents riding 4-wheelers in the country, Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles is reminding riders they are not allowed on city streets unless they have a Mississippi Motor Vehicle Tag and proper safety equipment. Voyles said 4-wheelers can be a lot of […]
Tag Archives | ATV
HOUSTON – A boy seriously hurt riding a four-wheeler in Houston, June 3 has died in a Memphis Hospital of his injuries. Local authorities were informed Sunday night the 12-year-old, whose name has not been released, passed away from head injuries he received when the ATV he was riding hit a parked car and careened […]
HOUSTON – Two 12-year-olds riding a four-wheeler were seriously hurt in an accident in Houston Wednesday night. Emergency crews responded to a report of an ATV accident at 307 Thomas Street in Beaver Creek subdivision and found two boys seriously hurt after the ATV they were were riding hit a parked car and careened […]
By Keri Collins Lewis STARKVILLE – The Mississippi State University Extension Service is taking steps to reduce the number of accidents and fatalities involving all-terrain vehicles, or ATVs. Larry Alexander, 4-H youth development specialist with the MSU Extension Service, said summer perfect opportunity to highlight the importance of properly using these powerful vehicles. “County Extension […]
HOUSTON – It’s summertime and with more people outside, motorists are being urged to quieten their engines and their radios. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles reminded motorists the city has ordinances against loud exhaust pipes, loud music and all-terrain vehicles on city streets. “We’ve had a problem with people running up and down the road […]
THORN – A Chickasaw County youth was airlifted to a regional hospital with internal injuries after a 4-wheeler he was riding on was involved in an accident Friday evening. Chief Deputy James Myers, of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department said Matthew Stone, a Houston teenager, was seriously injured when the ATV he was riding on […]
OKOLONA – Joshua Montrell “Josh” Parker , 27, died Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013. He was born Nov. 10, 1985, to Leroy Parker Jr. and the late Jacqueline Vance. He received his education from the Houston and Okolona schools. Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at Trinity Church of God in Christ in […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 1, 2015
- WEDDING: Adams / Gregory October 4, 2015
- WEDDING: Byrne / Blissard October 4, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...