By Keri Collins Lewis STARKVILLE – The Mississippi State University Extension Service is taking steps to reduce the number of accidents and fatalities involving all-terrain vehicles, or ATVs. Larry Alexander, 4-H youth development specialist with the MSU Extension Service, said summer perfect opportunity to highlight the importance of properly using these powerful vehicles. “County Extension […]
Tag Archives | ATV
HOUSTON – It’s summertime and with more people outside, motorists are being urged to quieten their engines and their radios. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles reminded motorists the city has ordinances against loud exhaust pipes, loud music and all-terrain vehicles on city streets. “We’ve had a problem with people running up and down the road […]
THORN – A Chickasaw County youth was airlifted to a regional hospital with internal injuries after a 4-wheeler he was riding on was involved in an accident Friday evening. Chief Deputy James Myers, of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department said Matthew Stone, a Houston teenager, was seriously injured when the ATV he was riding on […]
OKOLONA – Joshua Montrell “Josh” Parker , 27, died Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013. He was born Nov. 10, 1985, to Leroy Parker Jr. and the late Jacqueline Vance. He received his education from the Houston and Okolona schools. Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at Trinity Church of God in Christ in […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...