Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — Police are looking for the person or persons who stole a ATV from Madison Street in downtown Houston on or about Thursday, Jan. 7. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles said the red, side-by-side, Polaris Razor was parked in a shed on the property and there was no […]
Tag Archives | ATV
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – With the fall hunting season approaching and residents riding 4-wheelers in the country, Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles is reminding riders they are not allowed on city streets unless they have a Mississippi Motor Vehicle Tag and proper safety equipment. Voyles said 4-wheelers can be a lot of […]
HOUSTON – A boy seriously hurt riding a four-wheeler in Houston, June 3 has died in a Memphis Hospital of his injuries. Local authorities were informed Sunday night the 12-year-old, whose name has not been released, passed away from head injuries he received when the ATV he was riding hit a parked car and careened […]
HOUSTON – Two 12-year-olds riding a four-wheeler were seriously hurt in an accident in Houston Wednesday night. Emergency crews responded to a report of an ATV accident at 307 Thomas Street in Beaver Creek subdivision and found two boys seriously hurt after the ATV they were were riding hit a parked car and careened […]
By Keri Collins Lewis STARKVILLE – The Mississippi State University Extension Service is taking steps to reduce the number of accidents and fatalities involving all-terrain vehicles, or ATVs. Larry Alexander, 4-H youth development specialist with the MSU Extension Service, said summer perfect opportunity to highlight the importance of properly using these powerful vehicles. “County Extension […]
HOUSTON – It’s summertime and with more people outside, motorists are being urged to quieten their engines and their radios. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles reminded motorists the city has ordinances against loud exhaust pipes, loud music and all-terrain vehicles on city streets. “We’ve had a problem with people running up and down the road […]
THORN – A Chickasaw County youth was airlifted to a regional hospital with internal injuries after a 4-wheeler he was riding on was involved in an accident Friday evening. Chief Deputy James Myers, of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department said Matthew Stone, a Houston teenager, was seriously injured when the ATV he was riding on […]
OKOLONA – Joshua Montrell “Josh” Parker , 27, died Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013. He was born Nov. 10, 1985, to Leroy Parker Jr. and the late Jacqueline Vance. He received his education from the Houston and Okolona schools. Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at Trinity Church of God in Christ in […]
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...