Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — Police are looking for the person or persons who stole a ATV from Madison Street in downtown Houston on or about Thursday, Jan. 7. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles said the red, side-by-side, Polaris Razor was parked in a shed on the property and there was no […]
Tag Archives | ATV
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – With the fall hunting season approaching and residents riding 4-wheelers in the country, Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles is reminding riders they are not allowed on city streets unless they have a Mississippi Motor Vehicle Tag and proper safety equipment. Voyles said 4-wheelers can be a lot of […]
HOUSTON – A boy seriously hurt riding a four-wheeler in Houston, June 3 has died in a Memphis Hospital of his injuries. Local authorities were informed Sunday night the 12-year-old, whose name has not been released, passed away from head injuries he received when the ATV he was riding hit a parked car and careened […]
HOUSTON – Two 12-year-olds riding a four-wheeler were seriously hurt in an accident in Houston Wednesday night. Emergency crews responded to a report of an ATV accident at 307 Thomas Street in Beaver Creek subdivision and found two boys seriously hurt after the ATV they were were riding hit a parked car and careened […]
By Keri Collins Lewis STARKVILLE – The Mississippi State University Extension Service is taking steps to reduce the number of accidents and fatalities involving all-terrain vehicles, or ATVs. Larry Alexander, 4-H youth development specialist with the MSU Extension Service, said summer perfect opportunity to highlight the importance of properly using these powerful vehicles. “County Extension […]
HOUSTON – It’s summertime and with more people outside, motorists are being urged to quieten their engines and their radios. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles reminded motorists the city has ordinances against loud exhaust pipes, loud music and all-terrain vehicles on city streets. “We’ve had a problem with people running up and down the road […]
THORN – A Chickasaw County youth was airlifted to a regional hospital with internal injuries after a 4-wheeler he was riding on was involved in an accident Friday evening. Chief Deputy James Myers, of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department said Matthew Stone, a Houston teenager, was seriously injured when the ATV he was riding on […]
OKOLONA – Joshua Montrell “Josh” Parker , 27, died Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013. He was born Nov. 10, 1985, to Leroy Parker Jr. and the late Jacqueline Vance. He received his education from the Houston and Okolona schools. Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at Trinity Church of God in Christ in […]
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...