By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – State Attorney General Jim Hood said his office has not been disrupted by his decision to move back to Chickasaw County and work primarily out of a newly opened office in Houston. Hood, the state’s only statewide elected Democrat, spoke of the decision to move […]
Tag Archives | Attorney General
Emphasizing the need for immediate regulatory oversight of electronic cigarettes (“e-cigarettes”), Attorney General Jim Hood recently urged the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to place restrictions on the product. Hood specifically is looking to regulate the advertising and ingredients of the popular, highly-addictive product, and prohibit its sale to minors. In a bipartisan letter co-sponsored […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says he is moving his family back to his native Chickasaw County and opening “a little, one-man office” on the square in Houston where he will perform his official duties. Hood said he would work in Jackson some of most weeks, […]
TUPELO – Nike shoes, North Face jackets and Ralph Lauren polo shirts were dumped onto a conveyor belt, carried to a baler and smashed into a compact cube Thursday at Tupelo Recycling. The items were all knock-offs and were being disposed of by the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office. “We would like to give a lot […]
All of us have watched with interest the legal wranglings of the George Zimmerman trial and a little closer to home the latest filings of our very own Attorney General Jim Hood concerning Mississippi’s new open-carry law. As a hunter, reporter, husband, father and red-blooded American, I have to say I am a little concerned […]
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has filed a petition requesting the Supreme Court of Mississippi to do away with a restraining order issued by the Hinds County Circuit Court regulating the carrying of weapons. The restraining order was filed late Friday and basically froze the enactment of the State’s new open carry law, known […]
Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood (AP) This is a Sept. 16, 2010 Mississippi Department of Corrections provided photograph of death row inmate Willie Jerome Manning, taken at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman, Miss. (The Associated Press) JACKSON — Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood says a new round of DNA testing on evidence collected against […]
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Zora Cousin September 22, 2014
- Houston gets grant for fire loop September 22, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...