HOUSTON – Mississippi’s Attorney General, Jim Hood, has weighed in on many decisions through the years, but his latest one was the easiest by far. The state office opened a satellite facility in Houston which allowed him to relocate his family back home while still managing the duties of the AG’s office for the state. […]
Tag Archives | Attorney General
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – State Attorney General Jim Hood said his office has not been disrupted by his decision to move back to Chickasaw County and work primarily out of a newly opened office in Houston. Hood, the state’s only statewide elected Democrat, spoke of the decision to move […]
Emphasizing the need for immediate regulatory oversight of electronic cigarettes (“e-cigarettes”), Attorney General Jim Hood recently urged the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to place restrictions on the product. Hood specifically is looking to regulate the advertising and ingredients of the popular, highly-addictive product, and prohibit its sale to minors. In a bipartisan letter co-sponsored […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says he is moving his family back to his native Chickasaw County and opening “a little, one-man office” on the square in Houston where he will perform his official duties. Hood said he would work in Jackson some of most weeks, […]
TUPELO – Nike shoes, North Face jackets and Ralph Lauren polo shirts were dumped onto a conveyor belt, carried to a baler and smashed into a compact cube Thursday at Tupelo Recycling. The items were all knock-offs and were being disposed of by the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office. “We would like to give a lot […]
All of us have watched with interest the legal wranglings of the George Zimmerman trial and a little closer to home the latest filings of our very own Attorney General Jim Hood concerning Mississippi’s new open-carry law. As a hunter, reporter, husband, father and red-blooded American, I have to say I am a little concerned […]
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has filed a petition requesting the Supreme Court of Mississippi to do away with a restraining order issued by the Hinds County Circuit Court regulating the carrying of weapons. The restraining order was filed late Friday and basically froze the enactment of the State’s new open carry law, known […]
Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood (AP) This is a Sept. 16, 2010 Mississippi Department of Corrections provided photograph of death row inmate Willie Jerome Manning, taken at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman, Miss. (The Associated Press) JACKSON — Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood says a new round of DNA testing on evidence collected against […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...