Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The Okolona High School Art Department, headed by Heather Wilson for the past two years, recently participated in tye-dying fabric. The students at Okolona High School have been working diligently all year to prepare themselves for the SATP and MCT2 State assessments. As a reward for all of […]
Tag Archives | art
Students in high school art classes in Itawamba Community College’s five-county district are invited to participate in its 2014 High School Arts Competition. Deadline for the competition is Feb. 14, and students can submit two works each in the following categories: drawing, painting, print making, photography, sculpture, ceramics and mixed media. Works should not exceed […]
HOUSTON – Ashley Bass is confined to a wheel chair, but her art knows no bounds. “My art allows me to express myself,” said said Bass. “A lot of people like my art and I can’t tell you how important that is when they look at one of my paintings, smile and tell me […]
CUMBERLAND – Students at East Webster will start the school year on the campus of Wood Junior College with plans to move them into their new high school in September. The East Webster High School was destroyed by a tornado in April 2011 and moved classes to Wood Junior College six days later. The district […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Life Chain hosts annual event October 25, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...