HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department is cracking down on juvenile crime and parents of kids caught out after curfew will be fined. Houston has a weeknight curfew of 11 p.m., and midnight on weekend. While parents are responsible for any fines imposed by the court for curfew violation, any juvenile who violates the city’s […]
Tag Archives | arson
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal STRONG – According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, his department is helping in the investigation of an apparent arson in southern Monroe County late Tuesday. “Apparently someone was going up and down the road setting fires to ditch banks. This is the very first report we’ve had of […]
HOUSTON – A fire at 201 Talitha Street Saturday, Jan. 2 has led to the arrest of six juveniles on arson charges. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles said police routinely respond with the Houston Fire Department to structure fires to help with traffic and security. “One of our officers was on the scene and […]
HOUSTON – A county home burned in bitter cold temperatures Tuesday morning with the owner saying the blaze burned everything she owned. Firefighters were dispatched to 245 CR 168 east of Houston at 10:45 a.m. with temperatures hovering around 20 degrees. The home was totally destroyed in the fire. “Everything I own was in that […]
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...