HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department is cracking down on juvenile crime and parents of kids caught out after curfew will be fined. Houston has a weeknight curfew of 11 p.m., and midnight on weekend. While parents are responsible for any fines imposed by the court for curfew violation, any juvenile who violates the city’s […]
Tag Archives | arson
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal STRONG – According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, his department is helping in the investigation of an apparent arson in southern Monroe County late Tuesday. “Apparently someone was going up and down the road setting fires to ditch banks. This is the very first report we’ve had of […]
HOUSTON – A fire at 201 Talitha Street Saturday, Jan. 2 has led to the arrest of six juveniles on arson charges. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles said police routinely respond with the Houston Fire Department to structure fires to help with traffic and security. “One of our officers was on the scene and […]
HOUSTON – A county home burned in bitter cold temperatures Tuesday morning with the owner saying the blaze burned everything she owned. Firefighters were dispatched to 245 CR 168 east of Houston at 10:45 a.m. with temperatures hovering around 20 degrees. The home was totally destroyed in the fire. “Everything I own was in that […]
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Okolona state tournament game moved to Monday March 6, 2015
- Houston names projects March 6, 2015
- Snow! And lots of it March 5, 2015
- On to Jackson March 5, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The snowstorm of 2015 March 5, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...