HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department is cracking down on juvenile crime and parents of kids caught out after curfew will be fined. Houston has a weeknight curfew of 11 p.m., and midnight on weekend. While parents are responsible for any fines imposed by the court for curfew violation, any juvenile who violates the city’s […]
Tag Archives | arson
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal STRONG – According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, his department is helping in the investigation of an apparent arson in southern Monroe County late Tuesday. “Apparently someone was going up and down the road setting fires to ditch banks. This is the very first report we’ve had of […]
HOUSTON – A fire at 201 Talitha Street Saturday, Jan. 2 has led to the arrest of six juveniles on arson charges. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles said police routinely respond with the Houston Fire Department to structure fires to help with traffic and security. “One of our officers was on the scene and […]
HOUSTON – A county home burned in bitter cold temperatures Tuesday morning with the owner saying the blaze burned everything she owned. Firefighters were dispatched to 245 CR 168 east of Houston at 10:45 a.m. with temperatures hovering around 20 degrees. The home was totally destroyed in the fire. “Everything I own was in that […]
- EDITORIAL: Let’s go to work! June 25, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May a finalist July 2, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Lines of Liberty July 2, 2015
- Supervisors ponder MDOC moves July 2, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...