OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg. She was born on July 6, 1963, in Okolona. She was a faithful and very active loving member of First United Methodist Church, former board member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of the American Paint Horse Association […]
Tag Archives | Ann
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg after a long illness. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, at First United Methodist Church in Okolona. Holland Funeral Directors, Okolona Chapel, is in charge of arrangements. A full obituary will follow at a later […]
PRAIRIE – Peggy Ann Stovall, 67, died Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at Clay County Medical Center in West Point. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at Lake Grove M.B. Church in Prairie. Burial will be in Lake Grove Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of arrangements. An online […]
HOUSTON – Patricia Ann Moye Saxon, 57, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, at her home in Houston. She was born Dec. 20, 1955, in Brunswick, Ga., to John Dexter Moye and Willie Pearl Thomas Moye. She and her husband, Glen, were the former owners of Saxon’s Drive In. She was a cashier at Grocer’s Pride […]
WOODLAND – Bettie Ann Abbott Rodgers, 68, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital of Oxford. She was born on Aug. 22, 1945, in West Point. She was a resident at Tallahatchie General Care Facility. She was a devoted Christian, mother and grandmother. She retired from Cedars Health Center in Tupelo. She […]
HOUSTON – Ruth Ann Stafford Keranen, 67, died Friday, June 7, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 27, 1945, in Houston, to Lemuel Hackney Stafford and Ruth Pannell Stafford. She was a homemaker. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 9, at Houston Funeral Home in Houston […]
OXFORD – Virginia Ann Harrington Chrestman, 72, passed away Thursday, May 23, 2013, at her home. She was born on Nov. 23, 1940, in Houston. She married Melvin E. Chrestman Sr. on June 25, 1960. She worked for the City of Oxford. She was a member of the Pilot Club, the Oxford Garden Club and […]
HOUSTON – On your mark, get set, help your friends and neighbors. The semi-annual Pink Ribbon 5K will be held Saturday in conjunction with the Spring Flywheel Festival and offers exercise enthusiasts an opportunity to compete for a good cause. The event is sponsored by Team Hope Houston to raise money to assist those affected […]
HOUSTON – Ruby Ann Harrell Watkins, 66, died Monday, April 15, 2013. She was born June 18, 1946, in Calhoun County to Floyd D. Harrell and Clytee Duncan Harrell. She was a retired buyer and shipper of sweet potatoes. Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Randy Rinehart and […]
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- BIRTH: Reagan Brooke Murphree September 13, 2014
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- Houston WalMart target of bomb scare September 17, 2014
- Liquor defeated, beer apparently approved in Pontotoc September 17, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...