OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg after a long illness. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, at First United Methodist Church in Okolona. Holland Funeral Directors, Okolona Chapel, is in charge of arrangements. A full obituary will follow at a later […]
Tag Archives | Ann
PRAIRIE – Peggy Ann Stovall, 67, died Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at Clay County Medical Center in West Point. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at Lake Grove M.B. Church in Prairie. Burial will be in Lake Grove Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of arrangements. An online […]
HOUSTON – Patricia Ann Moye Saxon, 57, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, at her home in Houston. She was born Dec. 20, 1955, in Brunswick, Ga., to John Dexter Moye and Willie Pearl Thomas Moye. She and her husband, Glen, were the former owners of Saxon’s Drive In. She was a cashier at Grocer’s Pride […]
WOODLAND – Bettie Ann Abbott Rodgers, 68, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital of Oxford. She was born on Aug. 22, 1945, in West Point. She was a resident at Tallahatchie General Care Facility. She was a devoted Christian, mother and grandmother. She retired from Cedars Health Center in Tupelo. She […]
HOUSTON – Ruth Ann Stafford Keranen, 67, died Friday, June 7, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 27, 1945, in Houston, to Lemuel Hackney Stafford and Ruth Pannell Stafford. She was a homemaker. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 9, at Houston Funeral Home in Houston […]
OXFORD – Virginia Ann Harrington Chrestman, 72, passed away Thursday, May 23, 2013, at her home. She was born on Nov. 23, 1940, in Houston. She married Melvin E. Chrestman Sr. on June 25, 1960. She worked for the City of Oxford. She was a member of the Pilot Club, the Oxford Garden Club and […]
HOUSTON – On your mark, get set, help your friends and neighbors. The semi-annual Pink Ribbon 5K will be held Saturday in conjunction with the Spring Flywheel Festival and offers exercise enthusiasts an opportunity to compete for a good cause. The event is sponsored by Team Hope Houston to raise money to assist those affected […]
HOUSTON – Ruby Ann Harrell Watkins, 66, died Monday, April 15, 2013. She was born June 18, 1946, in Calhoun County to Floyd D. Harrell and Clytee Duncan Harrell. She was a retired buyer and shipper of sweet potatoes. Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Randy Rinehart and […]
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Magnolia Fest blooms in Okolona August 1, 2014
- Fall Fun Day seeks volunteers August 1, 2014
- County seeks bids August 1, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...