HOUSTON – The winners of state and regional 4-H poultry programs can easily pull down a couple of hundred dollars at the sale – and that ain’t chicken feed for any teenager. Chickasaw County saw 266 chicks delivered to nine kids this summer with youngsters now embarked on the task of getting the best flock […]
Tag Archives | Angie Abrams
HOUSTON – Farming is one of the most dangerous jobs in the country and 80 percent of all accidents occur in the home. With those two facts in mind, the Chickasaw County Extension Service will host the 12th Annual Ag Safety Day Thursday at the Chickasaw County Coliseum with fifth graders from all county schools […]
The Chickasaw County 4-H Clubs are heading up a community service project called, “Fall Fun and Games Day,” which will be held Oct. 25 at the Chickasaw County Agri-Center in Houston. This day is held for special needs students attending the Houston School District and Chickasaw County School in Houlka. We are now including the […]
HOUSTON – 4-H has a history of developing youth potential and providing “hands-on” educational programs. The Chickasaw County 4-H Chapter includes leadership development, life skills training, developing positive self-esteem and empowering volunteers in all activities. Programs are delivered through local county Extension offices to volunteer leaders. “We have 190 enrolled in the local 4-H program […]
HOUSTON – R.J. Utz loves rodeo and plans to be one of the first to enter the Buckaroo Rodeo set for Friday at the Chickasaw County Agri-Center. “J.B Mauney is my favorite,” said Utz, who has the gear and belt-buckle to prove he is real cowboy. “I was at the Biloxi PBR (Professional Bull Riders) […]
HOUSTON – There is no Chickasaw County fair, but this is close. Chickasaw County Ag Day will be held Oct. 3-5 at the Chickasaw County Agri-Center in Houston with most events free and open to the public. “We want to see this grow,” said Angie Abrams, Chickasaw County 4-H Program Associate. “Agriculture is big business […]
WOODLAND – Evolene Robertson Eaton, 95, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at her residence. She was born Sept. 1, 1917, in Woodland to John W. Robertson and Jenny Hill Robertson. She was a member of Amity Baptist Church. She enjoyed piecing quilts and quilting them. She also enjoyed working in her yard, keeping up her […]
HOUSTON – Shooting sports continue to hit the mark for kids participating in Chickasaw County 4-H with 27 kids traveling to the Mississippi North District shooting at Whitetail Ridge Lodge in Lee County. “We are very pleased with the way the Chickasaw County 4-H program has grown in the last four years,” said Angie […]
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- Chasing the dream October 6, 2015
- BIRTH: Carolyn Jayde King October 6, 2015
- State, federal duck stamps available online October 7, 2015
- Man shot in arm by 17-year-old girl October 7, 2015
- Lady Toppers claim District October 8, 2015
- CHASING THE SUN: Houston Solar Car team heads west to Australia October 8, 2015
- Toppers in control October 8, 2015
- Volunteers spruce up Tanglefoot Trail October 8, 2015
- Houlka teacher waives probable cause hearing October 8, 2015
- Gilbie Rivas: Hey ideas - I was enlightened by the info , Does a...
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...