Special to the Chickasaw Journal THORN – A Thorn man has died in a single vehicle accident after his truck left the road and struck a bridge Tuesday afternoon northwest of Houston. Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon said James Phillip Long, 53, of Thorn, was south bound on County Road 20, just north of the […]
Tag Archives | Andy Harmon
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – An automobile accident west of Houlka in northern Chickasaw County has claimed the life of a 25-year-old man. Evin Taylor Chrestman, of Houlka, died as the result of a single car accident on County Road 408 about 4:30 a.m. Sunday. Chrestman was the lone occupant of the vehicle […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
Area law enforcement has made several arrests in apparently unrelated crimes alleged to have occurred in or around Chickasaw County over the past several weeks. Houlka burglary HOULKA – The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department has made three arrests following the burglary of a home on West Moss Furniture Road just outside of Houlka. […]
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Houston man charged in shooting incident April 1, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...