Special to the Chickasaw Journal THORN – A Thorn man has died in a single vehicle accident after his truck left the road and struck a bridge Tuesday afternoon northwest of Houston. Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon said James Phillip Long, 53, of Thorn, was south bound on County Road 20, just north of the […]
Tag Archives | Andy Harmon
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – An automobile accident west of Houlka in northern Chickasaw County has claimed the life of a 25-year-old man. Evin Taylor Chrestman, of Houlka, died as the result of a single car accident on County Road 408 about 4:30 a.m. Sunday. Chrestman was the lone occupant of the vehicle […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
Area law enforcement has made several arrests in apparently unrelated crimes alleged to have occurred in or around Chickasaw County over the past several weeks. Houlka burglary HOULKA – The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department has made three arrests following the burglary of a home on West Moss Furniture Road just outside of Houlka. […]
- EDITORIAL: Let’s go to work! June 25, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May a finalist July 2, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Lines of Liberty July 2, 2015
- Supervisors ponder MDOC moves July 2, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...