Mr. and Mrs. John William Lancaster of Houston, announce the engagement of their daughter, Kimberly Lancaster, to Andrew Reynolds, son of Mr. and Mrs. Lester Reynolds Jr. of New Augusta, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. Mae and the late Mr. Parker Lancaster, and the late Mr. and Mrs. David Wilburn Allen, all […]
Tag Archives | Andrew
NETTLETON – Hattie L. Carouthers, 79, died Tuesday, March 18, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born May 23, 1934, to Earvin and Tessie Carouthers. Service will be at noon Saturday, March 29, at New Zion Church in Van Vleet with Pastor Odell Barnes officiating. Burial will be in the Mt. […]
WEST POINT – Sonny Andrew Quinones, 11, passed away on Thursday, March 20, 2014, at Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children in Jackson. He was born Feb. 4, 2003, in West Point, the son of Crystal West. He was a third grade student at Hebron Christian School near Pheba. He loved life. He loved the […]
TUPELO – Lee Andrew Williams, 66, died Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born to Annie Lee Williams and Hurm Williams. He was employed at Olive Garden. He was very much loved by his family and friends. Services will be at noon Monday, Dec. 9, at Agnew and Sons Funeral […]
HOULKA – Robert Andrew “”R.A.”” Easley, 81, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Houlka. He was born Feb. 12, 1932, in Blytheville, Ark., to Wade Earnest Easley and Mary Opal Griffin Easley. He was the owner and operator of Easley’s Supermarket and Houlka Oil Company. He was a member of Schooner Valley […]
OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona, with judges disposing of 25 cases. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted 18 guilty pleas, retired five cases to the files, dismissed one case […]
AMORY – Justin Andrew Shields, 20, died Friday, May 17, 1913, in Amory. Born June 22, 1992, he was the son of Christie Roberson Shields and Columbus Woods Shields. He attended Amory schools and he was Baptist. He enjoyed reading, watching television, being outdoors, gardening and spending time with his friends and family. A Celebration […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Houston High School Topper Pride band was honored with their annual banquet April 23 at the Civic Center. The band competed at the Mississippi High School Activities Association/Mississippi Bandmaster’s Concert band evaluation in February where they were the only 4A school to score a superior rating in […]
SHANNON – Andrew Lee “Gook” Conway Sr., 69, died Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born April 19, 1943, to Eldidge Adams and Willie Mae Conway. He was a member of Poplar Springs Church. He was retired from Foamex after 32 years. He was head cook for the Poplar Springs […]
HOUSTON – The case of an Okolona police officer stopped by the Mississippi Highway Patrol in December will probably be heard in Chickasaw County Justice Court in the next few weeks. Chickasaw County Justice Court Judge Garry Turner and Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth met last week to iron out details of appointing […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...