October 29, 2014 Dear Editor: This year, the Pilot Club is again joining with the Houston High School Student Council and Anchor Club in presenting a Veterans Day program at 9:45 AM on Veterans Day, November 11, in the Houston High School gymnasium. We would like for any and all veterans to attend so that […]
Tag Archives | Anchor
HOUSTON – Most members simply say they are a member of Anchor, and while most recognize the name, few recognize what this club, which has roots in a much larger organization, is all about. Houston High School Anchor Club is the youth division of the Pilot Club of Houston, MS, MS District, Pilot International. Through […]
HOUSTON – The Ice Bucket Challenge has swept the country and it swept into Houston last week with Houston High School Anchor hosting the challenge as part of a recent pep rally. The Ice Bucket Challenge has individuals naming others they’d like to challenge to have a bucket of ice water dumped on them before […]
A summer storm Sunday afternoon saw dime-size hail reported in Houston and larger hail falling in Anchor. Linda Griffin, Director of the Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency, golf-ball size hail was reported in Anchor with minor damage reported to buildings, cars and gardens. “There were a few vehicles reporting damage and the skylight at the […]
HOUSTON – Two Houston High School students will get a first-hand view of various medical careers during a month-long program at North Mississippi Medical Center this summer. Kaitlyn O’Barr and Hannah Grimes will travel twice a week in June to NMMC in Tupelo and spend time in a variety of medical departments watching and learning […]
HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
HOUSTON – Fifty years ago this month a group of concerned women in this community formed a club aimed at making Houston a little better place to live, work and raise a family. And they haven’t stopped yet. The Houston Pilot Club celebrated its 50th anniversary Saturday with cake and ceremony, as more than 50 […]
HOUSTON – There are thing in this town that were started, built and done by Pilot International. But if ask a Houston Pilot Club member what they like the most about their organization is the people it has helped. “I’ve been a member since 1976 and I can’t tell you how many people we have […]
- 1975 Grand Slam Champions February 22, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- PREP BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS: Houlka and Okolona still dancing February 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...