A summer storm Sunday afternoon saw dime-size hail reported in Houston and larger hail falling in Anchor. Linda Griffin, Director of the Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency, golf-ball size hail was reported in Anchor with minor damage reported to buildings, cars and gardens. “There were a few vehicles reporting damage and the skylight at the […]
Tag Archives | Anchor
HOUSTON – Two Houston High School students will get a first-hand view of various medical careers during a month-long program at North Mississippi Medical Center this summer. Kaitlyn O’Barr and Hannah Grimes will travel twice a week in June to NMMC in Tupelo and spend time in a variety of medical departments watching and learning […]
HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
HOUSTON – Fifty years ago this month a group of concerned women in this community formed a club aimed at making Houston a little better place to live, work and raise a family. And they haven’t stopped yet. The Houston Pilot Club celebrated its 50th anniversary Saturday with cake and ceremony, as more than 50 […]
HOUSTON – There are thing in this town that were started, built and done by Pilot International. But if ask a Houston Pilot Club member what they like the most about their organization is the people it has helped. “I’ve been a member since 1976 and I can’t tell you how many people we have […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...