October 29, 2014 Dear Editor: This year, the Pilot Club is again joining with the Houston High School Student Council and Anchor Club in presenting a Veterans Day program at 9:45 AM on Veterans Day, November 11, in the Houston High School gymnasium. We would like for any and all veterans to attend so that […]
Tag Archives | Anchor
HOUSTON – Most members simply say they are a member of Anchor, and while most recognize the name, few recognize what this club, which has roots in a much larger organization, is all about. Houston High School Anchor Club is the youth division of the Pilot Club of Houston, MS, MS District, Pilot International. Through […]
HOUSTON – The Ice Bucket Challenge has swept the country and it swept into Houston last week with Houston High School Anchor hosting the challenge as part of a recent pep rally. The Ice Bucket Challenge has individuals naming others they’d like to challenge to have a bucket of ice water dumped on them before […]
A summer storm Sunday afternoon saw dime-size hail reported in Houston and larger hail falling in Anchor. Linda Griffin, Director of the Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency, golf-ball size hail was reported in Anchor with minor damage reported to buildings, cars and gardens. “There were a few vehicles reporting damage and the skylight at the […]
HOUSTON – Two Houston High School students will get a first-hand view of various medical careers during a month-long program at North Mississippi Medical Center this summer. Kaitlyn O’Barr and Hannah Grimes will travel twice a week in June to NMMC in Tupelo and spend time in a variety of medical departments watching and learning […]
HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
HOUSTON – Fifty years ago this month a group of concerned women in this community formed a club aimed at making Houston a little better place to live, work and raise a family. And they haven’t stopped yet. The Houston Pilot Club celebrated its 50th anniversary Saturday with cake and ceremony, as more than 50 […]
HOUSTON – There are thing in this town that were started, built and done by Pilot International. But if ask a Houston Pilot Club member what they like the most about their organization is the people it has helped. “I’ve been a member since 1976 and I can’t tell you how many people we have […]
- BOBBY SANDERSON: Service to humanity November 15, 2014
- NEMCC softball named NFCA Top 10 academically November 18, 2014
- Stephens cast in ICC production November 18, 2014
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- Defense plays its part in Cal-City’s perfect season November 19, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- A man with a gun November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...