Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks finalized regulations for the 2015 alligator hunting season on public waters and private lands in Mississippi at its April meeting. The statewide public waters season will include opportunities in specific public waterways. A total of 920 permits will be […]
Tag Archives | Anchor
October 29, 2014 Dear Editor: This year, the Pilot Club is again joining with the Houston High School Student Council and Anchor Club in presenting a Veterans Day program at 9:45 AM on Veterans Day, November 11, in the Houston High School gymnasium. We would like for any and all veterans to attend so that […]
HOUSTON – Most members simply say they are a member of Anchor, and while most recognize the name, few recognize what this club, which has roots in a much larger organization, is all about. Houston High School Anchor Club is the youth division of the Pilot Club of Houston, MS, MS District, Pilot International. Through […]
HOUSTON – The Ice Bucket Challenge has swept the country and it swept into Houston last week with Houston High School Anchor hosting the challenge as part of a recent pep rally. The Ice Bucket Challenge has individuals naming others they’d like to challenge to have a bucket of ice water dumped on them before […]
A summer storm Sunday afternoon saw dime-size hail reported in Houston and larger hail falling in Anchor. Linda Griffin, Director of the Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency, golf-ball size hail was reported in Anchor with minor damage reported to buildings, cars and gardens. “There were a few vehicles reporting damage and the skylight at the […]
HOUSTON – Two Houston High School students will get a first-hand view of various medical careers during a month-long program at North Mississippi Medical Center this summer. Kaitlyn O’Barr and Hannah Grimes will travel twice a week in June to NMMC in Tupelo and spend time in a variety of medical departments watching and learning […]
HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
HOUSTON – Fifty years ago this month a group of concerned women in this community formed a club aimed at making Houston a little better place to live, work and raise a family. And they haven’t stopped yet. The Houston Pilot Club celebrated its 50th anniversary Saturday with cake and ceremony, as more than 50 […]
HOUSTON – There are thing in this town that were started, built and done by Pilot International. But if ask a Houston Pilot Club member what they like the most about their organization is the people it has helped. “I’ve been a member since 1976 and I can’t tell you how many people we have […]
- Chasing the dream October 6, 2015
- McClain invites friends to Troy October 9, 2015
- WEEK 8: High School Football Capsules October 9, 2015
- Former MSU great Goode dies at 76 October 9, 2015
- SONNY SCOTT: History as philosophy. Read it! October 10, 2015
- Bowens, Neal graduate Mississippi State October 12, 2015
- Houston peewee football suspended October 12, 2015
- Prairie Industrial Site assessment moves ahead October 12, 2015
- Training for the worst of wrecks October 12, 2015
- WEDDING: Latham / Clark October 11, 2015
- Gilbie Rivas: Hey ideas - I was enlightened by the info , Does a...
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...