Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A child allegedly fell out of a car in Vardaman and his mother and grandmother wisked him to the hospital in Houston when he went to sleep. The Houston Police Department responded to Gas Mart on Highway 8 West at 2:10 a.m., Wednesday and found […]
Tag Archives | Ambulance
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A 17-year-old girl is in jail and a local man is recovering from a gunshot wound to the arm after a domestic dispute escalated Tuesday night. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles said he is not releasing the name of the girl at this time but she is being […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal The Mississippi Highway Patrol and local emergency crews and enforcement were called to a motor vehicle crash on Highway 15 Bypass just south of Houston Thursday afternoon that resulted in a death. Sergeant Criss Turnipseed, spokesman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol, said the crash happened around 3:20 p.m. near County Road […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Supervisors were updated on the change of county ambulance services to a new company last week and Houston Aldermen also got a similar report. Both entities were told the switch from TransCare to MedStat Emergency Medical Services appears to have been a smooth transition, with entities who work with the new […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Board of Supervisors will sign a contract with MedStat Emergency Medical Services to operate ambulances for the county. Supervisors voted Tuesday, Sept. 16, to go with the higher bid from MedStat. With Trace Regional Hospital closing its emergency room Sept. 8, the Sept. 16 decision was partially based on getting the […]
HOUSTON – When the clinic at Trace Regional closes at 9 p.m., each night, ambulance service suddenly becomes a critical care service for all residents of Chickasaw County. Trace Regional Hospital in Houston closed their emergency room Monday and replaced it with a rural clinic open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a […]
OKOLONA – Chickasaw County is glad to answer a call for help, but supervisors have asked the local ambulance service to make sure Chickasaw taxpayers are covered first. The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors met with Sheriff deputies and 911 dispatchers last week to discuss ambulance service coverage for the community. “We got a call […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A man and a child were hurt in a one-vehicle accident that saw a car run off the road, flip and then catch fire. The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department was called to County Road 406 in Trebloc last week with the driver airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center and an 8-year-old male […]
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...