By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Will Porter plead guilty to murder and was sentenced to life in Chickasaw County Circuit Court on the last day of the March term. The case stems from the death of Amanda Porter, 23, who was found stabbed at her home in Houston in January 2013. Porter, 29, […]
Tag Archives | Amanda
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The Houston Business Group will host “Red, White and You” at noon July 2 at Amanda Parish State Farm on Madison Street in downtown Houston. There will be a guest speaker and refreshments and all businesses are urged to attend. For details call 456-2491.
Ms. Michelle Dubuisson of Oxford and Mr. and Mrs. Lee Rogers of Thaxton, announce the engagement of their daughter, Amanda Michelle Rogers, to Adam Zachary, son of Mr. and Mrs. Steve Hamblin and Mr. and Mrs. Tim Zachary, all of Houlka. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Jerry and Betty Rogers of Okolona and Frankie […]
AMORY – Kayden Garrett Harris, infant son of Eddie Jr. and Amanda Harris, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. In addition to his parents, he is survived by his twin sister, Makenna Harris; sisters, Melissa Latham of Magnolia, Ark., and Madalyn Stephens of Tupelo; brother, Allen Stephens of Tupelo; and […]
WREN – Amanda D. Massey, 36, died on Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, in Memphis. Born on April 6, 1977, in Birmingham, Ala., she was a daughter of Terry W. and Nancy Clark Hallman. She was a graduate of SBEC in Southaven and attended ICC. After graduating from beauty school in Memphis, she worked as a […]
HOUSTON — Amanda Atkins Porter, 23, died Feb. 24, 2013, at home. Services were at 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28 at Dowdle Funeral Home Chapel in Millport. Burial followed in Bethlehem Baptist Church Cemetery in Pickens County with Dowdle Funeral Home of Millport directing. She was preceded in death by her father, Ricky Atkins. Survivors […]
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man has been charged with murder and could face arson charges stemming from two incidents just east of the Natchez Trace on Highway 8 Sunday morning. Authorities were initially called to a report of a car on fire near Pumphrey’s Grocery about 5:30 a.m., and their investigation led to a […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...