Two people died in a house fire near West Point on Thursday night. The fire at 2090 Dr. Sears Road killed Alvin Tallie Sr., 54, and his wife Fatenia Tallie, 54, said Clay County Coroner Alvin Carter Jr. Another adult and a child also were in the house and escaped, Carter said. The child was […]
Tag Archives | Alvin
CALHOUN CITY – Alvin Ray Gulledge, 84, died Friday, Sept. 6, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services. He was born July 7, 1929, in Big Creek to Walter Gulledge and Ora Lee Cantrell Gulledge. He was a retired presser for Kellwood Co. and a member of Mt. Tabor Baptist Church. He served in the U.S. Air […]
CALHOUN CITY – Alvin William Mann Jr., 51, died Friday, Aug. 20, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. He was born Dec. 1, 1961, in Vardaman to Alvin Mann and Barbara Gentry. He was a farmer for Johnson Farms and a member of Bentley Baptist Church. He is survived by his special friend […]
OKOLONA – A desire to keep possible clubs and businesses that sell alcohol on a tight leash has prompted the Okolona Board of Aldermen not to respond to a request for a city permit. Alvin Thomas appeared before the board last week and said he has repeatedly been turned down, he has a renter for […]
OKOLONA – Alvin Snow died Sunday, June 2, 2013. He was a member of Bible Way Church, a farmer and a construction worker. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 8, at Cedar Grove M.B. Church. Dr. Henry Gladney will officiate. Burial will be in Snow Cemetery. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge […]
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Art in the Park October 27, 2014
- McClain earns Sonic’s Hall of Fame award October 28, 2014
- DAR: Patriotism, God and country October 28, 2014
- Sweater drive underway October 29, 2014
- Wildcats fall to Biggersville October 30, 2014
- Houston eyes playoffs October 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Trustees, Senator, judges on ballot October 30, 2014
- MOLLY MAY NAMED ICC HOMECOMING QUEEN October 29, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...