WEST POINT – Richard Allen “Ricky” Kinsey, 48, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, at his home in West Point. Graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17, at Memorial Garden Cemetery in West Point. A complete obituary will be released later by Calvert Funeral Home of West Point.
Tag Archives | Allen
S TARKVILLE — George Allen “Steve” Roebuck, 70, died Wednesday, December 11, 2013. He died after a long struggle with a heart/lung condition. He was born to the late George Travis “Steve” and Mary Kathryn “Kakie” Crosthwait Roebuck of Houston, on April 5, 1943, in the old Houston Hospital. He was named for his two […]
Brittain Leigh Dawson became the bride of Jordan Barry Benton in a candlelight ceremony on June 22, 2013, at Highland’s United Methodist Church in Birmingham, Ala. Officiating the ceremony were the Reverends Ted Anderson of Anniston, Ala. and Mikah Hudson of Birmingham, Ala. Bible scripture readings were provided by Dr. Norm Patterson of Birmingham, Ala. […]
HOUSTON – Walter Morris “W. M.” Allen Jr., 87, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at his home in Houston. He was born Sept. 30, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Walter Morris Allen Sr. and Alma Lee Cox Allen. He was a retired farmer, a welder for B&W in West Point, a WWII Army veteran, and […]
By GENE PHELPS Daily Journal HOULKA — Houlka High School football coach Rob Allen, who was beginning his sixth season, has resigned. The Wildcats, 2-9 last year, lost Friday night in the their season opener to East Union, 40-6. “I wish I could discuss it, but I really can’t,” said Allen, who has been the […]
WREN – Glen Allen Nicholson, 24, died unexpectedly Monday, July 1, 2013, in Coldwater. He was born March 8, 1989, in Tupelo to Darel Nicholson and Jennifer Rosentreter Nicholson of Wren. A lifelong resident of the Wren community, he attended school in Amory and then Nettleton. Before becoming disabled he enjoyed driving the combine […]
BRUCE – Carlton Allen Collins, 52, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 19, 1960, in Bruce. He was a former employee of Whirlpool Inc. in Oxford. He was also an EMT with Calhoun Ambulance Service. He was a member of Parker Baptist Church. Services will be at 4 p.m. […]
OXFORD — Betty Mack Priest Brown, 72, died Thursday, June 6, 2013, at her home in Oxford. Services were held at 11 a.m. Monday, June 10, at Waller Funeral Home with Rev. Bill Barksdale officiating. A graveside service followed in Priest Cemetery in Houston, at 2:30 on Monday. Visitation was held from 9:00 a.m. until service […]
Patrick and Jessica Marion of Woodland are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Kender Shane Marion. Kender was born May 2, 2013 at Tupelo Woman’s Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20.25 inches long. Proud grandparents are Martin and Angie Fugett of Vardaman and Charles (Boo) and Kim Allen of […]
HOUSTON – Elba Frances Allen, 78, died Thursday, April 18, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital. She was born April 2, 1935, in Okolona to James William Corley and Alice Pilgreen Corley. She married David Wilburn Allen on May 7, 1954. She worked as a telephone operator, a dairy farmer and a store clerk. She was […]
HOUSTON – Elba Frances Allen died Thursday, April 18, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Southern Funeral Chapel of Houston. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday at Boones Chapel United Methodist Church.
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- Hilltoppers nipped by St. Stanislaus May 28, 2015
- County signs final notice for CR4 May 28, 2015
- Eighty-two Toppers move tassel May 28, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...