HOUSTON – Walter Morris “W. M.” Allen Jr., 87, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at his home in Houston. He was born Sept. 30, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Walter Morris Allen Sr. and Alma Lee Cox Allen. He was a retired farmer, a welder for B&W in West Point, a WWII Army veteran, and […]
Tag Archives | Allen
By GENE PHELPS Daily Journal HOULKA — Houlka High School football coach Rob Allen, who was beginning his sixth season, has resigned. The Wildcats, 2-9 last year, lost Friday night in the their season opener to East Union, 40-6. “I wish I could discuss it, but I really can’t,” said Allen, who has been the […]
WREN – Glen Allen Nicholson, 24, died unexpectedly Monday, July 1, 2013, in Coldwater. He was born March 8, 1989, in Tupelo to Darel Nicholson and Jennifer Rosentreter Nicholson of Wren. A lifelong resident of the Wren community, he attended school in Amory and then Nettleton. Before becoming disabled he enjoyed driving the combine […]
BRUCE – Carlton Allen Collins, 52, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 19, 1960, in Bruce. He was a former employee of Whirlpool Inc. in Oxford. He was also an EMT with Calhoun Ambulance Service. He was a member of Parker Baptist Church. Services will be at 4 p.m. […]
OXFORD – Betty Mack Priest Brown, 72, died Thursday, June 6, 2013, at her home in Oxford. Services were held at 11 a.m. Monday, June 10, at Waller Funeral Home with Rev. Bill Barksdale officiating. A graveside service followed in Priest Cemetery in Houston, at 2:30 on Monday. Visitation was held from 9:00 a.m. until service […]
Patrick and Jessica Marion of Woodland are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Kender Shane Marion. Kender was born May 2, 2013 at Tupelo Woman’s Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20.25 inches long. Proud grandparents are Martin and Angie Fugett of Vardaman and Charles (Boo) and Kim Allen of […]
HOUSTON – Elba Frances Allen, 78, died Thursday, April 18, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital. She was born April 2, 1935, in Okolona to James William Corley and Alice Pilgreen Corley. She married David Wilburn Allen on May 7, 1954. She worked as a telephone operator, a dairy farmer and a store clerk. She was […]
HOUSTON – Elba Frances Allen died Thursday, April 18, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Southern Funeral Chapel of Houston. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday at Boones Chapel United Methodist Church.
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Eyes and ears August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- SCOTT: Let’s clean up our own back yard first August 23, 2014
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Color For A Cause is Saturday August 22, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Developing Common Core standards August 22, 2014
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...