By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Chris Jones knew he was destined to be a star long before recruiting services placed five of them beside his name. Jones missed part of his junior season at Houston after transferring in from Nettleton and it wasn’t until the summer before his senior year that he started […]
Tag Archives | All American
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal Mississippi lost one of its greatest gridiron ambassadors on Thursday. Hall of Famer Tom Goode passed away at 76, leaving behind a legacy that will live on throughout the Magnolia State. Goode was a standout at West Point High School before moving on to Mississippi State from 1958-60, where he […]
JACKSON – Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil, named a mid-season All-American by ESPN.com, The Sporting News and Phil Steele, has been selected to win the second-ever Kent Hull Trophy as the most outstanding college offensive lineman in Mississippi. The trophy is named in honor of the late Kent Hull, the former Mississippi State great […]
COLUMBUS – Park Coleman Stevens, 20, died suddenly Wednesday, July 3, 2013. Visitation will be held Saturday, July 6, 2013, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Mount Vernon Church, where he was a member, and funeral service will follow at 1:30 p.m. with Bro. Josh Daffern officiating. Interment will be in Asbury Cemetery at […]
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Chieftains roll over the Panthers November 27, 2015
- MSU’s Jones was destined for the spotlight November 28, 2015
- WEEK 15: High School Football Scores November 28, 2015
- Three Rivers, CDF, LINK honored November 28, 2015
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: East Webster standing in the way of Bassfield December 1, 2015
- Ducktails, poodle skirts and smiling girls December 1, 2015
- Christmas parades set for area November 30, 2015
- WARZELLE GILLESPIE: Thankful for so many, so much November 29, 2015
- MARTY WISEMAN: Where are we in politics? November 29, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....