By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A split vote by city aldermen will send two city officials to the Mississippi Municipal League conference in June. Aldermen had put a moratorium on travel last year as the city faced budget concerns and that created a rift on the board as it related […]
Tag Archives | Alderman
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA — The Houlka Board of Aldermen agreed to continue a water bill adjustment policy and took care of several other items of business during their meeting regular July meeting, according to a copy of the agenda and information provided by Mayor Jimmy Kelly and Town […]
Most of us have probably “run afoul of the law” and been given a citation that we were required to pay or hauled into court and justice served with a more hefty fee and fine. The good folks of this world, admit their blunder, promise the judge they will be more careful and pay their […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Aldermen will allocate funds back to the city’s Park and Recreation Department and could purchase a covered batting cage pavilion at their next meeting. Parks and Recreation leaders hope the acquisition will quell rumors of malfeasance by the city and the parks department. Aldermen met May 11 in […]
HOUSTON – The city loves its merchants but there is a price to pay for doing business in Houston. The Houston Board of Aldermen discussed the process, fees and fines for those who come to town and peddle vegetables, clothes, merchandise and food at a work session last week and while no vote was taken […]
HOUSTON – The chances of obtaining a state grant are slim, but Houston certainly would not get it if they don’t apply. The Houston Board of Aldermen voted to seek a $150,000 Small Cities grant from the state that – if they are successful in getting it – would be used to repair streets and […]
Aldermen define duties and requirements By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Aldermen hired Jennifer Thomas as Okolona Parks and Recreation for 2014 and discussed ways to make the post more effective and provide more services. Thomas will be a contract worker and serve the community from late spring to early fall. […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen would love to have a Mississippi driver’s license office at Rockwell Auditorium, but the demands of the Mississippi State Highway Patrol won’t make it easy. The Okolona Board of Aldermen received a list of office requirements the state needs before it can establish a driver’s license testing location in town. The […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman has tabled a vote on naming a new Houston School District Trustee after a split 2-2 vote last week. Dist. 2 Alderman Shenia Jones nominated Joe Orr for the trustee seat and was seconded by Dist. 4 Alderman Willie Mae McKinney. Dist. 1 Alderman Tony Uhiren and Dist. […]
HOUSTON – The play a major role in city services, but most residents never see them or give them a second thought. Houston has embarked on a downtown water improvement project that will see new water valves and selected water mains replaced. “Those pipes are incredibly old in some places and we have tired for […]
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...