By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Legislation that would allow students in C, D and F school systems to cross district lines to attend charter schools passed the House Monday. Earlier this session, in the House Education Committee, Rep. Charles Busby, R-Pascagoula, a key charter school proponent, said of the legislation, “it […]
Tag Archives | Airport
Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Airports in Houston and Okolona are part of a group of 35 airports across the state that will benefit from more than $10 million in federal Airport Improvement Program (AIP) grants awarded last week by the U.S. Department of Transportation. AIP grants awarded to Mississippi in recent weeks […]
JACKSON (AP) – The Federal Aviation Administration is giving 14 Mississippi airports a total of more than $4.8 million to improve safety and operations. Houston will see an airplane hanger built and Okolona will see improvements to the terminal building. Airports at Bay St. Louis, Belzoni, Belmont, Clarksdale, Columbia, Columbus, Corinth, the Golden Triangle, Grenada, […]
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...