I got to spend some times with some GI’s Monday. People often ask me if I was in the military. As the son of a career Air Force flight engineer, I am quick to tell them I was “in” the first 18-years of my life. The military is not for everyone. But it was […]
Tag Archives | Air Force
FORT WALTON, Fla. — Jimmy B. Hill, 75, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013 surrounded by family. Jimmy is survived by his loving wife, Mary; three sons, Terry, Robert, Dennis (Amy); sister, Rebecca Hicks (Cleve); brother, David Hill (Jan) of Woodland, Miss.; extended family Karen, Chris, Melody, Don Work, Sally […]
CALHOUN CITY – Jerald Q. Lofton, 75, died Monday, Sept. 16, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 12, 1938, in Rankin County. He was a retired furniture factory employee and a member of Derma Baptist Church. He served in the U.S. Air Force from 1956-1962. Services will be at […]
EL DORADO, Ark. – Doyle Roland James, 83, died Saturday, July 20, 2013, at Christus St. Michael Hospital in Texarkana, Texas. He was born Feb. 13, 1930, in Calhoun County to John Jackson James and Carrie Addice Murphree James He was a former owner of Union Tire Company. He served in the U.S. Air Force. […]
MANTEE – Rayburn Dean “Ray” Kratz, 68, passed away on Saturday, July 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. He was born April 29, 1945, in Eugene, Ore., to Carol Jean Kratz and the late Rev. James Kratz. He was a retired supervisor in the canning department with Bryan Foods for 27 years. […]
SUMMIT – Charlie D. Hill, 85, of Summit , passed away Friday, April 19, 2013 at his residence. Visitation was from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, April 21, at Jones Family Funeral Services in McComb and 9 until funeral services there at 10 a.m. Monday, April 22. Rev. Vann Windom and Dr. David Millican officiated. […]
HOUSTON – Robin Mathis will be the first to say Houston has been good to him. Mathis and his brother co-founded WCPC radio station in 1955 and though he sold the station several years ago, Mathis, 83, still shows up at the red-brick building on old Highway 15 in Houston five days a week. “Radio […]
PONTOTOC – David Carrol Harrelson, 77, died Friday, June 28, 2013, at his residence. He graduated from high school in 1953 at Calhoun City and from Mississippi State University in 1958 with a B.S. degree in Agriculture. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Pontotoc, the Pontotoc Eastern Star 42, Pontotoc Masonic Lodge […]
CORINTH – Herbert Beverly Hussey died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. He was born April 20, 1931, in Prairie to Fred and Elizabeth Cain Hussey. He was a graduate of Corinth High School and Mississippi State University. He was the former owner of Structure Products and the local R.C. Bottling Co. He served […]
COLUMBUS – Thurman Marion “Ish” Lowe age 83 died Monday, June 3, 2013 at his residence in Columbus. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Wednesday, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Dr. Ed Knox officiating and burial with U.S. Air Force honors to follow at Memorial Gardens Cemetery. Visitation will be held at […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A Mississippi airman with Chickasaw County roots was honored with the Gen. Lew Allen Award at ceremonies at the Pentagon recently. Master Sgt. Christopher Michael Davis was one of two members of the United State Air Force honored with the Gen. Lew Allen Award for their service in aircraft maintenance.The award honors […]
- Vardaman softball coach arrested April 18, 2015
- CenterStage to perform at ICC April 22, 2015
- Cyclist dies on Natchez Trace Parkway April 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...