Special to the Chickasaw Journal The North Mississippi Donor Family Council of the Mississippi Organ Recovery Agency is seeking scholarship applications. A minimum of four $500 scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors and the deadline for submitting an application is April 1. Application forms may be obtained through school counselors or […]
Tag Archives | Aid
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Kiera Stanfield knows what she wants to do after high school and she and her mother were at College Goal Sunday last week to help find ways to pay for it. “I plan to join the Army but I also want to go to ICC (Itawamba Community College) and major in business,” […]
College Goal Sunday, a non-profit program that provides free information and assistance to Mississippi families applying for financial assistance for higher education will be offered again in the public schools. The College Goal event will take place over an eight-day period at many locations in the state. • At the Houston School of Science and […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County has been awarded $9,551.00 in federal funds under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program. The selection was made my the National board that is chaired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and consist of representatives from the Salvation Army; American Red Cross; United Jewish Communities’ Catholic Charities; USA; National […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...