Special to the Chickasaw Journal The North Mississippi Donor Family Council of the Mississippi Organ Recovery Agency is seeking scholarship applications. A minimum of four $500 scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors and the deadline for submitting an application is April 1. Application forms may be obtained through school counselors or […]
Tag Archives | Aid
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Kiera Stanfield knows what she wants to do after high school and she and her mother were at College Goal Sunday last week to help find ways to pay for it. “I plan to join the Army but I also want to go to ICC (Itawamba Community College) and major in business,” […]
College Goal Sunday, a non-profit program that provides free information and assistance to Mississippi families applying for financial assistance for higher education will be offered again in the public schools. The College Goal event will take place over an eight-day period at many locations in the state. • At the Houston School of Science and […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County has been awarded $9,551.00 in federal funds under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program. The selection was made my the National board that is chaired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and consist of representatives from the Salvation Army; American Red Cross; United Jewish Communities’ Catholic Charities; USA; National […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...