HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man has been arrested for aggravated assault after shooting an acquaintance in the neck with a small-caliber rifle Wednesday night in McCondy in Eastern Chickasaw County. Harold Mack Patterson, of Chickasaw County, was arrested shortly after midnight in the shooting of Steve Smith, also of Chickasaw County, who was struck […]
Tag Archives | aggravated assault
OKOLONA – Authorities have arrested five people and their investigation continues into a Friday night shooting Jan. 31 in Okolona where more than a dozen shots were fired. The shooting sent two people to the hospital, one a 14-year-old boys with a bullet wound to the head, was transported to LeBonheur Children’s Hospital in […]
OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court has seen the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona. Most of the new cases involve a number of appeals from Justice Court with the majority of those being Driving Under the Influence cases. There are 12 DUI appeals […]
JACKSON – An inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman was fatally stabbed today, June 11, 2013, by a fellow inmate. Offender Kelvin Bowen, # R7284, was pronounced dead at the prison hospital at 1:04 p.m. He was attacked with a sharp instrument in the hallway of a maximum security unit at Building 29 […]
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Public wants access to school facilities October 23, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...