By Jeff Amy Associated Press JACKSON – Mike Hurst, stepping down from his role as a federal prosecutor, is running as a Republican against Democratic Attorney General Jim Hood. The 39-year-old Madison resident qualified Friday to seek the Republican nomination, saying Mississippi’s attorney general should be more active in fighting public corruption and should do […]
Tag Archives | AG Jim Hood
By Jeff Amy Associated Press JACKSON – With representatives of the electronics industry saying Mississippi’s attempt to investigate Google should be blocked by federal law, 11 other state attorneys general and other groups are taking the opposite position. They’re weighing in on the side of Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood, saying he has the power […]
JACKSON – The Mississppi Attorney General’s office and the Mississippi Chiefs of Police hosted the fourth annual “Mississippi Fallen Law Enforcement Officer’s Candlelight Vigil” yesterday in Jackson The event was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Statewide Fallen Officers Memorial between the Sillers and Gartin Justice buildings off High Street in downtown Jackson. “Mississippi […]
HOUSTON —With Winter Storm Warnings posted for parts of Mississippi, Attorney General Jim Hood is reminding residents and business owners of the legalities concerning price gouging during a state of emergency. The law says that “the value received for all goods and services sold within the designated emergency impact area shall not exceed the prices […]
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors April 19, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Presidential politics for 2016 April 26, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...