By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Did you really think there would be school today? With Wednesday’s snowfall dropping over 8-inches on roads in Chickasaw County, Northeast Mississippi school districts, businesses and institutions have begun announcing closings for Thursday. The following school districts will be closed: * Calhoun County Schools * Calhoun Academy * Chickasaw […]
Tag Archives | Affordable Furniture
Some furniture companies in Northeast Mississippi said they’re able to offer jobs to some of the Lane Furniture Industry workers who will be losing theirs in the next few weeks. On Wednesday, Heritage Home Group, the parent of Lane, announced a company-wide restructuring that would lead to 480 layoffs at Lane’s Saltillo plant by March […]
BRUCE – Betty Ellen Gann, 53, died Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Jan. 16, 1960, in Bruce. She was an employee of Affordable Furniture and a member of Antioch Baptist Church. Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, at Antioch Baptist Church at Bruce. Bro. […]
by Dennis Seid NEMS Daily Journal TUPELO – The spring Tupelo Furniture Market will be held in January, a move that should please many – but not all – buyers and exhibitors. Originally scheduled for mid-February, the spring market will be held Jan. 16-19, market officials confirmed Monday. “It gets us ahead of tax season,” […]
- High school state test scores released November 18, 2015
- Topper hoopers fall to Bulldogs November 20, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....