By Rod Guajardo Daily Journal PONTOTOC – For the first time in the campaign for Mississippi’s 1st District Congressional seat, a majority of the candidates gathered to speak Tuesday evening. Twelve of the 13 candidates running in the May 12 special election spoke during an event sponsored by the Pontotoc Republican Executive Committee. A representative […]
Tag Archives | Adams
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Will Porter plead guilty to murder and was sentenced to life in Chickasaw County Circuit Court on the last day of the March term. The case stems from the death of Amanda Porter, 23, who was found stabbed at her home in Houston in January 2013. Porter, 29, […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – When Dan Mullen was hired at Mississippi State seven years ago, he vowed to keep in-state recruits at home. Mullen has held true to his word. Of the 176 players Mullen has signed since 2009, 111 have been from programs within the Magnolia State. The Bulldogs brought in […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal NATCHEZ TRACE – A Houston man died in an early-morning, one-vehicle accident Wednesday on the Natchez Trace Parkway in Chickasaw County. Jamie Adams, 41, of Houston, was pronounced dead at the scene after the black Ford pickup he was driving left the roadway and struck a tree at milepost […]
HOUSTON – Glenda Ann Boring Gann, 73, died Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at her home. She was born Aug. 29, 1940 In Talladega, Ala., to Goza Boring and Billie Kenamer Boring. She was a graduate of St. Petersburg College in Florida. She was owner of Gann’s Bookeeping Service until her retirement. She was a member […]
HOUSTON – True love won its prize in the end and the curtain closed on another successful spring production of the Houston Community Theatre Feb. 22. “One more time, we did it,” smiled Director Janet Coker of the conclusion of this year’s offering, “Hello, Dolly.” The production was performed three times in two days for […]
COFFEEVILLE – Lorie Jeane Adams, 69, died Friday, Jan. 24, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Dec. 21, 1944, in Milwaukee, Wis. She was a homemaker and a former secretary. Services will be 2 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Bro. J.R. Eaton officiating. Burial […]
HOUSTON – Parents concerned about alleged bullying at Houston Middle School were not allowed to speak at a board meeting last week because they did not fill out the proper forms. Mid-way through the April 8 Houston School Board meeting parents David Adams and Tonja Turner stood and asked to speak, but were told the […]
- Houston honors baseball stars July 21, 2015
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- All weather walkers July 26, 2015
- Area students earn ICC scholarships July 26, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...