By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – United Furniture Industries was the winning bidder for the former Lane Furniture Industries plant in Verona, and hopes to be building furniture inside the plant by next spring. United offered $1.45 million for the 475,000-square-foot facility, along with 90 acres in the Tupelo Lee Industrial Park South. Doug […]
Tag Archives | Action
AMORY – Victor Harold “Bubba” “Sonny” Stanford, 78, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence. Born on June 13, 1935, in Amory, he was a son of the late William Archie Stanford Sr. and Jewel Nix Stanford.He attended Trace Road, Amory and Shannon schools and the University of Mississippi for one year. He […]
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – Action Transport trucks have been moving Lane Furniture merchandise for more than 40 years, but that won’t be the case after Monday. Parent company Furniture Brands International is shuttering Action, the trucking company subsidiary of Lane. Instead, Furniture Brands will use Missoula, Mont.-based Watkins & Shepard Trucking, said […]
NEW ALBANY – Georgia Sue Cox Chandler, 83, died Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She was born May 9, 1930, in Chickasaw County to George Columbus Cox and Vivian Richardson Cox. She was retired from Action Industries in Tupelo, where she worked as an upholsterer. She was a […]
TUPELO – Alvin E. “Bo” Bland, 88, died Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, at his cottage at Traceway Retirement Community. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at First United Methodist Church. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Expressions […]
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...