By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Mississippi Board of Education Chair Wayne Gann of Corinth and state Superintendent of Education Carey Wright issued statements Friday defending the enactment of national Common Core academic standards after Gov. Phil Bryant called them “a failed program.” In a statement released Friday, Gann, the former superintendent […]
Tag Archives | Accountability
HOULKA – Chickasaw County School Board trustees took a long hard look at student test scores and have set goals to bring them up. Houlka Attendance Center was ranked a “D” in the 2013 statewide accountability rankings and this grade prompted staff and trustees to immediately begin strategic planning to bring that score up. “We […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It was a year full of news at the Tanglefoot Trail opened and voters went to the polls to elect city officers. More than 10 years or planning, preparation and construction culminated this fall with the opening of the Tanglefoot Trail that stretches 44-miles from Houston to New Albany. The Trail – […]
- County picks MedStat ambulances September 25, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...