By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Mississippi Board of Education Chair Wayne Gann of Corinth and state Superintendent of Education Carey Wright issued statements Friday defending the enactment of national Common Core academic standards after Gov. Phil Bryant called them “a failed program.” In a statement released Friday, Gann, the former superintendent […]
Tag Archives | Accountability
HOULKA – Chickasaw County School Board trustees took a long hard look at student test scores and have set goals to bring them up. Houlka Attendance Center was ranked a “D” in the 2013 statewide accountability rankings and this grade prompted staff and trustees to immediately begin strategic planning to bring that score up. “We […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It was a year full of news at the Tanglefoot Trail opened and voters went to the polls to elect city officers. More than 10 years or planning, preparation and construction culminated this fall with the opening of the Tanglefoot Trail that stretches 44-miles from Houston to New Albany. The Trail – […]
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Supervisors discuss ambulance service August 28, 2014
- Lady Toppers strong at plate and field August 28, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...