HOUSTON – They have been gathering for more than a decade to pray for an end to abortion in Mississippi and America and they believe it is working. More than two dozen people gathered at the southwest corner of the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston Oct. 5, from 2 to 3 p.m. to pray and […]
Tag Archives | Abortion
I am the father of four boys and the youngest is trying to get his driver’s license. At age 54, if the mother of my children came to me and said she was pregnant I would probably fall through the floor. I know the hurdles of raising children. I know the demands of a baby. […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Nationally the number of teen pregnancies reported each year is falling but Mississippi and Chickasaw County are still above the national average in births to girls ages 15 to 19. The factors driving the drop in teen pregnancy on the national level are mixed and local professionals said Chickasaw County numbers also […]
Life Chain’s 13th annual observance will be held Sunday, Oct. 6 from 2 to 3 p.m. at the court house lawn. The program will see one hour of silent prayer for the unborn and to end abortion. It is billed not as a demonstration but time of prayer for change at the local, state and […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- STEVE COKER: The Wisdom of Potatoes October 25, 2014
- Life Chain hosts annual event October 25, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...