HOUSTON – They have been gathering for more than a decade to pray for an end to abortion in Mississippi and America and they believe it is working. More than two dozen people gathered at the southwest corner of the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston Oct. 5, from 2 to 3 p.m. to pray and […]
Tag Archives | Abortion
I am the father of four boys and the youngest is trying to get his driver’s license. At age 54, if the mother of my children came to me and said she was pregnant I would probably fall through the floor. I know the hurdles of raising children. I know the demands of a baby. […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Nationally the number of teen pregnancies reported each year is falling but Mississippi and Chickasaw County are still above the national average in births to girls ages 15 to 19. The factors driving the drop in teen pregnancy on the national level are mixed and local professionals said Chickasaw County numbers also […]
Life Chain’s 13th annual observance will be held Sunday, Oct. 6 from 2 to 3 p.m. at the court house lawn. The program will see one hour of silent prayer for the unborn and to end abortion. It is billed not as a demonstration but time of prayer for change at the local, state and […]
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...