ABERDEEN – Willie Clarence Gillespie, 57, died Friday, Jan. 11, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at Pleasant Plain M.B. Church in Prairie with Rev. J.P. Orr officiating. Burial will be in the Pleasant Plain M.B. Church Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is […]
Tag Archives | aberdeen
ABERDEEN – It’s usually a matter of seconds before customers passing through the doors of Flora’s Collections are greeted with not only a smile, but a welcoming laugh. It’s that level of customer service that makes the women’s clothing and accessory store a well-rounded shopping experience. “I’ve worked in retail for years and since I […]
ABERDEEN – The Day Commission is seeking pieces of Aberdeen’s past for an upstairs room of the Magnolias specific to the Sykes family and the time period stretching from the home’s construction in 1850 to the beginning of the Civil War. “Our idea is to display photos and other items representative of that time frame […]
ABERDEEN – The historic Bryan family cemetery of Peter Grantham Bryan and his wife, Maria Wright Bryan, was abandoned circa 1920 because people simply could not get to it anymore. In the early 1980’s the Corps of Engineers built the road to the west side of the Blue Bluff Lock and Dam and this road […]
ABERDEEN – Aberdeen used a fast start to take a 25-point lead to halftime and forced five turnovers to beat McClain 46-16 Friday night. Aberdeen (10-2) capitalized on two McClain interceptions in the first to take a 13-0 lead. Linebacker Justin Lucas hauled in the second interception of the night to the McClain 42. Bulldogs […]
ABERDEEN – Whereas Census data states the average American family has 1.86 children, wildlife biologist Bob Tarter has roughly 50, if you count all the exotic animals. “These animals need a family feel, too, even if it’s a different species. I’m in charge of the family; I’m still dad and everybody has to know their […]
ABERDEEN – Be honest. Your heart starts to twinge and your eyes begin to water when you hear Sarah McLachlan’s ASPCA commercial on TV. You don’t have to be a pet lover to experience the emotional draw of wanting to adopt every single animal featured in the commercial. Those intense emotions prove that we’re all […]
- When seconds count October 13, 2014
- HOUSTON HOMECOMING QUEEN 2014 October 16, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Art in the Park October 17, 2014
- Crowds pack Cornbread Festival October 17, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Power of Pink October 20, 2014
- Molly May faces breast cancer head on October 20, 2014
- Pharr/Hollingsworth October 19, 2014
- Hankins/Akins October 19, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...